Hello again! It's been years.

Welcome to the Internet's oldest land hermit crab forum! This forum is for new member introductions and for introducing new additions to your crab colony ONLY.

Topic author
redheadedalex

Hello again! It's been years.

Post by redheadedalex » Sat May 24, 2014 6:32 pm

YEARS. I was on this forum in oh gosh...2009? Even that late? 2008? It was seriously years. I started out back in the day like most, getting a little unsuspecting dude I named Sebastian and then finding this place and learning about the right way to take care of my crabs. I went from a 10 gallon and 2 crabs to a 100 gallon and ???? crabs. I was a crab hoarder. It was fantastic. For a long time things were great. Sadly, I moved overseas for a year (Sweden) and had to give my crabs away. My roommate just put them online and one by one they all got homes (sometimes the people took several at a time.) I came back to find one little guy, all alone in that big tank. I spent my money on a smaller tank, a plethora of good crabby food, and I got him two little friends. An E (named Altair) and another PP (Alaric). They were huddled together on each other's awful ugly painted shells in the pet store and I knew I had to have both.Unfortunately today I woke up and the Altair had died, I'm not sure what was going on but I think he was trying to molt, he'd made a lot of tunnels and ended up half out of his shell in his food dish. I have been so sad all day. I don't think I will be getting any more hermit crabs. At least not for awhile. I have missed my little hermit crabs (My boyfriend takes care of my fantastic pet rainbow crab in sweden) Anyway, I thought I would introduce myself. I'm sure I'm not as knowledgeable as some here, but I have been keeping crabs for several years anyhow. I miss this forum!!! Without further ado, me and my number one Alistair (the original!) and Alaric sweet little altair <3 A little more about me; I'm obsessed with the video game series Fallout, I work in a bakery but am EMT certified (I know, weird) I have a personal blog where I rant, I love red hair, and I'm going to marry Till Lindemann (lead singer of Rammstein.) Nice to meet you! (again!)