Do crabs bully other crabs?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Life_Is_Good2me

Re: Do crabs bully other crabs?

Post by Life_Is_Good2me » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:01 pm

GotButterflies wrote:No worries! Good luck! Did you try looking at the adopters page and contacting someone for your state?
Here is the entire page, scroll down for your state, look at someone that you would be comfortable adopting them to, and PM them :) http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... m.php?f=13
Thanks, I checked it out, but nothing. Thanks for your help though. Image

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Bummer. Your'e welcome! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:01 am

There is another group we share adoptions with that may be able to help you find a home through fb, called hermitcrabowners. I have tried cross-posting adoptions before but they prefer the actual poster make the adoption ad. Just a thought- the group is bigger, and a bit more difficult to navigate imo- but it's worth a try. As far as the situation goes, it definitely sounds like shell agression, and once you have at least 3-4 shells for each crab it should be less intense. As far as an iso goes, is there a way you can use a small tupperware container to but the bully in for the night in the tank so he can stay warm? I know it's not ideal, but it may give you some peace of mind until you can get more shells in there.

Topic author
Life_Is_Good2me

Post by Life_Is_Good2me » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Rawrgeous wrote:There is another group we share adoptions with that may be able to help you find a home through fb, called hermitcrabowners. I have tried cross-posting adoptions before but they prefer the actual poster make the adoption ad. Just a thought- the group is bigger, and a bit more difficult to navigate imo- but it's worth a try. As far as the situation goes, it definitely sounds like shell agression, and once you have at least 3-4 shells for each crab it should be less intense. As far as an iso goes, is there a way you can use a small tupperware container to but the bully in for the night in the tank so he can stay warm? I know it's not ideal, but it may give you some peace of mind until you can get more shells in there.
Thank you! [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Emm33333

Post by Emm33333 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:40 pm

How are the crabs today?
From Emm
Happy Crabber since '16
2 PP's, CrabCakes and Odka (10g, 29g)
Soon to be owner of six adoptees and a 75g with all supplies!
Adoptees names! Bagel ( Big honkin Bagel aka BHB) Cece,Ebony,Mitzi,Rocco and Gwin

Topic author
Life_Is_Good2me

Post by Life_Is_Good2me » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:58 pm

So far i haven't noticed anymore bullying. Thanks for asking! [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Emm33333

Post by Emm33333 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:27 am

Life_Is_Good2me wrote:So far i haven't noticed anymore bullying. Thanks for asking! [WHITE SMILING FACE]

That's good! :)
From Emm
Happy Crabber since '16
2 PP's, CrabCakes and Odka (10g, 29g)
Soon to be owner of six adoptees and a 75g with all supplies!
Adoptees names! Bagel ( Big honkin Bagel aka BHB) Cece,Ebony,Mitzi,Rocco and Gwin