spring equinox

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
Keg

spring equinox

Post by Keg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Does the spring equinox mean anything to a hermit crab? Is that when they mate?It happens tomorrow:Freaky Friday: Solar eclipse, Supermoon, spring equinoxhttp://www.usatoday.com/story/...ar-eclipse/24970217/First the aurora borealis and now a solar eclipse — what a week for skywatchers! Plus it occurs Friday (the first day of spring) and the same day as a Supermoon. One caveat: The total eclipse will not be visible anywhere in the USA and will be seen only by folks on some rather remote islands in far northern Europe Friday morning. Residents of the Danish-owned Faroe Islands and the sparsely inhabited Norwegian island group of Svalbard will be the only lucky ones to see the full spectacle.

Crabber85

spring equinox

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:35 pm

With mine I've noticed an increase in activity the day before, the day of and the day after the Vernal and Autumnal Equinox's.My guess is they use these events in the wild as markers for certain activities like mating and such.Some of the species come from equatorial regions which don't get experience the equinox's because there is really no loss or gaining of daylight hours in those regions because they get the same unvarying amount year round so my speculation is only the species from higher or lower latitudes actually respond to these events.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
Keg

Re: spring equinox

Post by Keg » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Spring Equinox 2017 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 3:28 AM on
Monday, March 20

Please everyone keep on the lookout and report if the crabs act different around this date.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:37 pm

I will try to remember! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Will do!
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Okay...I set my calendar for it...but I won't set my alarm for the wee morning hours! lol

TODAY IS THE REMINDER OF SPRING EQUINOX...:)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com