Transition From 1 1/2" to 2"

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
hermilove

Transition From 1 1/2" to 2"

Post by hermilove » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm

The biggest of my PPs are currently in shells with about 1 1/2" openings. I just purchased some new shells for my PPs and the next size up that I could find, were shells with about 2" openings. The new shells look incredibly large next to them. Is there anywhere to find something in between? Has anyone else had crabs that have made such a large transition?
Lovely PPs and Little Es

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Transition From 1 1/2" to 2"

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Have you looked at the shopping resources page? http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/pa ... pping.html
Or have you tried Ebay?
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
hermilove

Post by hermilove » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:19 am

Yeah, I've looked at the resources page, I usually buy shells from Naples Sea Shell Co. Even on ebay it seems all the shells have 1 1/2" or smaller openings or 2" and larger openings. Finding an intermediate sized opening seems to be a challenge.
Lovely PPs and Little Es

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:30 am

I have used Richard's Shells. Did you look at the HCA classified ads page? Wodesorel is closing her store and has a bunch of shells that she is selling. Check there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Menders

Post by Menders » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm

hermilove wrote:The biggest of my PPs are currently in shells with about 1 1/2" openings. I just purchased some new shells for my PPs and the next size up that I could find, were shells with about 2" openings. The new shells look incredibly large next to them. Is there anywhere to find something in between? Has anyone else had crabs that have made such a large transition?
Have you tried Amazon? There is a seller on there who is super nice and will help you to find the exact sizes that you need. They are very affordable as well, and the seller will combine shipping as well as give you a discount (some times) depending on how many shells you buy. They are money back guarantee if they don't work out. If you need something that you are having a hard time finding, and the seller doesn't have them for up for sale, you can send them an email and ask if they have them. They told me once that they have so many that they can't put all of them online at once.I have also ordered from Naples like mentioned above. There are a lot to choose from, affordable, and they are very helpful if you have questions. I have also ordered from a seller on Etsy. I hope this helps and you find what you need.

Topic author
hermilove

Post by hermilove » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Menders wrote:There is a seller on there who is super nice and will help you to find the exact sizes that you need.
Thanks! Do you happen to remember the name of the person from Amazon?
Lovely PPs and Little Es

Just Jay

Re: Transition From 1 1/2

Post by Just Jay » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:32 am

Menders wrote:
hermilove wrote:The biggest of my PPs are currently in shells with about 1 1/2" openings. I just purchased some new shells for my PPs and the next size up that I could find, were shells with about 2" openings. The new shells look incredibly large next to them. Is there anywhere to find something in between? Has anyone else had crabs that have made such a large transition?
Have you tried Amazon? There is a seller on there who is super nice and will help you to find the exact sizes that you need. They are very affordable as well, and the seller will combine shipping as well as give you a discount (some times) depending on how many shells you buy. They are money back guarantee if they don't work out. If you need something that you are having a hard time finding, and the seller doesn't have them for up for sale, you can send them an email and ask if they have them. They told me once that they have so many that they can't put all of them online at once.I have also ordered from Naples like mentioned above. There are a lot to choose from, affordable, and they are very helpful if you have questions. I have also ordered from a seller on Etsy. I hope this helps and you find what you need.

id love the name as well.

try craft stores. not the big mixed bags but they sometimes have single and so on small pack big shells. even online and sometimes thrift shops. im right under your sizes and its getting so frustrating so i fell your pain.

JennyM

Post by JennyM » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:35 am

I think they may be referring to MyGann on Amazon and Etsy.

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:08 pm

also on ebay and MyGann.com

bmer

Post by bmer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:22 am

http://deltonaseashells.com/inc/sdetail/157/336304
HERMIT CRAB OPENING: APPROX. 1 3/4TH INCHES.

http://deltonaseashells.com/inc/sdetail/157/246795
HERMIT CRAB OPENING: APPROX. 1 AND 25/32ND

:D:D