Crabby introductions- picture heavy!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
leah610

Crabby introductions- picture heavy!

Post by leah610 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm

The title say it all Image since I've been here for while now, I thought it might be nice to introduce my two crabs and share some pictures! I got both crabs, Kai and Tai together. When I first got them, they looked so alike- same coloration, almost the same size, similar preferences in food, shells and hang out spots. I got them in August 2018, and they've grown so much since then! The pictures below for each are in chronological order, from when I got them to present day!

The tank, which will be changing soon. Yay for new decor!!!

When I first got the crabs in August

Kai is slightly smaller than Tai, and is very shy but curious. She likes to sleep in the strangest places (for ex. while balancing at the very top of the hanging jute cord net I have in the back of the tank, or hanging off a ledge in the tank). She's a quiet explorer, and loves spending time in the moss pit.

Hangin' on

Eating a grape!

Chillin' in the moss pit

Tai is larger, bolder, and noisier. She switches shells like it's her profession- especially into shells that are really big on her. She's always switching back and forth between shells. I usually find her sleeping half buried close to the UTH, or in a hut. She is the one who makes me up at 3 AM and demolishes the tank Image

I may get a third crab in the future, but for now this is my gang! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crabby introductions- picture heavy!

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 am

Quality pics. Love how the tat looks, very lush.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed May 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Oh my gosh - ADORABLE PICTURES!!!! :cloud9: I love them!!! I wish I could get great pictures like that of my hermies!!! Each one of the close ups made me smile!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

SheogorathsQueen

Post by SheogorathsQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Gorgeous!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
My Crew of 5 PP's : Sheogorath, Peaches, Chorrol, Cheydinhal, Alkanet, & Moon Sugar

Angel_crab

Post by Angel_crab » Wed May 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Great pictures! Your crabs are very cute :)

Topic author
leah610

Post by leah610 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Thank you all for the kind comments!! I always feel so privileged when I'm able to take pictures before they scurry away. I've always liked the tank to look more natural and lush, but I'm planning on adding florals, cork and grapevine in the tank. I'll make sure to share lots of pictures when I switch things up!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed May 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Great pics!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Kpeterson09

Post by Kpeterson09 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Awesome pics. I have to that are active and love the heat and one that stays far away from the heat and buries himself. They are truly amazing creatures.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Fri May 18, 2018 2:14 pm

leah610 wrote:The title say it all Image since I've been here for while now, I thought it might be nice to introduce my two crabs and share some pictures! I got both crabs, Kai and Tai together. When I first got them, they looked so alike- same coloration, almost the same size, similar preferences in food, shells and hang out spots. I got them in August 2018, and they've grown so much since then! The pictures below for each are in chronological order, from when I got them to present day!

The tank, which will be changing soon. Yay for new decor!!!

When I first got the crabs in August

Kai is slightly smaller than Tai, and is very shy but curious. She likes to sleep in the strangest places (for ex. while balancing at the very top of the hanging jute cord net I have in the back of the tank, or hanging off a ledge in the tank). She's a quiet explorer, and loves spending time in the moss pit.

Hangin' on

Eating a grape!

Chillin' in the moss pit

Tai is larger, bolder, and noisier. She switches shells like it's her profession- especially into shells that are really big on her. She's always switching back and forth between shells. I usually find her sleeping half buried close to the UTH, or in a hut. She is the one who makes me up at 3 AM and demolishes the tank Image

I may get a third crab in the future, but for now this is my gang! Image

Oh how I enjoyed that. Your description of the team was that, I feel like I know them, especially Kai..... Just like Duck.... Changing shells all the time... Love it. Thank you so much. Image

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Topic author
leah610

Post by leah610 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:24 am

Thank you guys! These two have been with me since they were tiny, and I'm incredibly proud that they've molted several times and grown into really distinct personalities so far. More pics coming soon!