The cats.......

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
Rawrgeous

The cats.......

Post by Rawrgeous » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:29 am

So the good news is today I got a new ball of hemp to crotchet the crabs some nets since their old ones got yucky and I decided it was time to pitch them.....the bad news is while I was sleeping the kitties thought it would be great fun to drag it....well everywhere. We have an open layout type house, with a walkthrough kitchen...well it was in the kitchen, bathroom, dining room, AND living room all at once, wrapped around the wall several times. At this point, I regret not taking pictures. What's even better is they were just laying on the couch like, "what?" lol I really wanted to be mad, but they were being so cute, and I can only imagine the fun they had unraveling by the looks of the house. Gah my crazy fluffies.

Hermiesguardian

Re: The cats.......

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:57 am

Rawrgeous wrote:So the good news is today I got a new ball of hemp to crotchet the crabs some nets since their old ones got yucky and I decided it was time to pitch them.....the bad news is while I was sleeping the kitties thought it would be great fun to drag it....well everywhere. We have an open layout type house, with a walkthrough kitchen...well it was in the kitchen, bathroom, dining room, AND living room all at once, wrapped around the wall several times. At this point, I regret not taking pictures. What's even better is they were just laying on the couch like, "what?" lol I really wanted to be mad, but they were being so cute, and I can only imagine the fun they had unraveling by the looks of the house. Gah my crazy fluffies.
:hlol: :hlol:
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Hilarious! I would have loved to see pictures of that - although mentally I can picture it because you described it so well!!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:29 pm

:hlol: I probably would have lost it!

My neighbor, who really doesn't like cats, told me about the time she went home with a friend of hers after a luncheon to find that her friend's cats had gotten ahold of a ball of yarn and did the same thing. They had somehow managed to tie some of the doors shut. She thought it was the funniest thing!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:47 am

GB- It really was comical, but I was also so mad at the same time, because its thin hemp. I have no idea if I'm going to be able to use it, I've been a bit discouraged and haven't started to fix it. I kinda shoved it away to deal with later, probably this afternoon.
Wode-That is hilarious! :lol: I always expected it from the yarn I have so it's always put up, but I guess I just wasn't thinking when I went to bed with hemp on the coffee table. I thought since it had the binding on it was safe. I suppose I learned my lesson. Glad my doors weren't stuck shut. haha

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:57 am

Awww....understandable! But...they were just being mischievous kitties!! LOL Hopefully you can salvage it! If not, roll it back up for them. :) I'm sorry!

Your story is also funny Wode!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

GRMU99

Post by GRMU99 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:33 am

the only this comes to my mind is the Walt Disney movie The Ugly Dachshound
2 cats
Buddy and Belle