Good places to get shells?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
heyitseggs2

Good places to get shells?

Post by heyitseggs2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:38 am

Hey guys.
My tank is in need for some new shells. Not only do my crabs need a couple bigger shells, I'm also thinking of getting one or two more crabs. So right now, I have 12 shells (15 counting the ones my crabs are wearing.) and I'm thinking about getting 10 more. I'm looking for some nice looking shells that PPs like. Any suggestions on websites where I can get them for a reasonable price?
Thanks so much
sophia
rio (pp, male)
malibu (pp, female)
angeles (pp, female)
lover of saxophone, guitar, soccer, and of course hermit crabs!

Hermiesguardian

Re: Good places to get shells?

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:40 am

Check out the link on the left. Shopping resources. It will have several suggestions. I just purchased shells from Naples Shell Company.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
heyitseggs2

Post by heyitseggs2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am

Which place do you guys recommend for unexpensive, but good quality shells that I can purchase in bulk?
sophia
rio (pp, male)
malibu (pp, female)
angeles (pp, female)
lover of saxophone, guitar, soccer, and of course hermit crabs!

ha_haley

Post by ha_haley » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:11 am

I get my shells from Naples Sea Shell Company. I normally just order the assorted small turbos and the assorted large turbos because I have crabs from tiny to large, so they always fit at least one crab lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonlightdreams

Post by Moonlightdreams » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:18 pm

I didn't buy any (which I am still kicking myself for, ugh), but I found some great shells at those beach shops. They had the awful painted ones, but they also had green turbos, tapestry turbos, silver turbos, whale eye, and a lot more. Pretty reasonable prices too - I think the big tapestry turbos were only about $1.50.
Loving owner of two hermit crabs and two dogs! Call me Moon, Icy, Kermit, or anything you'd like! sheldon_and_peanut (hermit crabs) and sisterchins (dogs) on Instagram.

HHIhermies1004

Post by HHIhermies1004 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Deltonaseashells.com is from the list provided from the HCA I think it's was formally Richards Seashells or vice versa. I've ordered from then twice with excellent customer service and I've ordered from Naples as well which was equally as nice. Just have to check out what they have in stock according to size and type. I've gotten lucky on amazon and I get them in two days with prime shipping for example I got these beauts today. I searched "turbo shells" and the description will tell ya the size and opening size. Good luck I love shell shopping. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, My name is Kristine
Hermit Crab Family includes 7 Hermies
JACK, BARBOSA, WILL, and DAVY JONES are E's.
3 PP's - Sao Feng, Tia Dama, and Elizabeth swan.

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:12 am

I would definitely recommend getting a caliper to measure your crabs shells before buying though! I spent a lot of money on shells that ended up being the wrong size awhile back. Gotta learn the hard way I guess!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Merle, Seasalt, & Elvis
2 Captive Bred PPs = Randy & Roxie
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/