I HAVE ZOEAE!!!!!

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

hprmom

Re: I HAVE ZOEA!!!!!

Post by hprmom » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:18 am

Oh my goodness, GB, I missed all this last year (tunnel vision hurricane clean up!) and just saw your newest posts! Going to subscribe to your YouTube!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:28 am

Yesterday would have been day 15..and I didn't see anything but brine shrimp. Hopefully @mlakers has great success with hers!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

mjjluver

Post by mjjluver » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 am

So sad!
Good of you to try though
Better luck next year

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 pm

Sorry to hear that. You did everything possible for them. Above and beyond what most people could have done.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

naalide

Post by naalide » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:51 am

Sad news. :(

But I guess, you will try again. Don't give up!
5 Indos, 4 Violas, 1 Rugs, 1 E, 5 adult PPs and about 22 breeding's of PPs!
Some other breeding's also, which species is yet not confirmed.
Feel free to visit Danys ?-Coenobita-breeding-thread (since page 12 year 2018)

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:05 pm

naalide wrote:Sad news. :(

Never! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

hprmom

Post by hprmom » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:29 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
naalide wrote:Sad news. :(

Never! :)
Sorry to hear they didn't make it. But pretty soon you'll be a pro, each time is something learned, and we look forward to those pics when you finally land some!

AgentK25

Post by AgentK25 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:09 am

GotButterflies wrote:Yesterday would have been day 15..and I didn't see anything but brine shrimp. Hopefully @mlakers has great success with hers!!
Awe, I'm so sorry GB. That just sucks. I don't think I could endure the stress of trying to raise babies. My hat's off to you for all your hard work!
Devoted Mom to 1 macaw, 1 cat, and 9 PPs

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:31 pm

Thank you everyone. Yes, you learn something every time. Hopefully next time I will be successful! :)

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Day ? 1 or 2 Some of them are bigger than the others! So earlier this evening I go to feed my crabs and I notice the msw pool looks a little cloudy...I inspect it and guess what...Zoeae!!!

My E and PPs were super active a few days ago - I mean to the point were I was checking the pools wondering if they were going to drop a clutch...My one E that held the female E was actually grabbing one of my PPs and flipping it over. It was kind of strange actually. No shell aggression or anything like that, just would flip it over, then let it up - not sure what was going on. There was no chirping or pinching. No clue if these are PPs or Es. Some of them look bigger than the others.

Of course I broke my tank down weeks ago. I had to go buy a couple of round bowls. Purchased some silicone too so I can fix my kriesel. Some of the zoeae had passed. I know my pools probably got a little warm for the zoeae. My crabitat has been getting to 86 every day, and I usually shut the light off over the pool, and I didn't today. I was busy. I have my cousin's baby shower to go to tomorrow. Already been texting with Mary - hoping to make it past 14 days this time!!!

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:09 am

Got up this morning at 5:50 to do a water change - I have a busy day ahead of me today! Water was cloudy due to the waste in the water pool and the dead zoeae. I didn't have time to do a video (but I have time to document here! LOL). I changed 1/2 of the bowl. Lots of survivors - but at least 1/3 didn't make it. Added nannochloropsis to the water - ordered more last night too. I ordered the brine that Mary was feeding also. I liked the color that it gave her zoeae. Gotta run - still a good amount of survivors. Going to stay positive! :)

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:51 pm

So glad you’ve got another chance. Wishing you luck.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed over here!
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

naalide

Post by naalide » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:56 am

Gold luck! I'm sure you can make it! :luck::
5 Indos, 4 Violas, 1 Rugs, 1 E, 5 adult PPs and about 22 breeding's of PPs!
Some other breeding's also, which species is yet not confirmed.
Feel free to visit Danys ?-Coenobita-breeding-thread (since page 12 year 2018)

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Thank you everyone! I've been busy! They LOVE jar of artemia that @naalide and @mlakers feed their zoeae. I don't like how it clouds the water though. I did run out of the nanno. I ordered more, but even with priority it won't get here until Wednesday. I still haven't had time to fix my kreisel. I bought a huge what is called a bubble bowl. I believe it holds 3-4 gallons of water. I have been changing half of the water each time. 3-4 times a day depending on what the water looks like. The water changes are so tedious. In the middle of that I'm trying to juggle my normal life, paint my cousin's nursery (I do murals), fill my orders, and try to do it all in moderation. This time change is killing me! I'm wiped out! Anyways - I finally updated my YouTube Channel with the videos that I have taken daily. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmSjm ... subscriber
Thank you for the support! :)