Crabina is back!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Crabina is back!

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 pm

I posted in my “to dig or not to dig” thread and it’s not showing up in the forum, Tapatalk has been funny for me I tried to delete and reinstall, not sure if it helped. Anyway...
My Crabina is freshly molted and looks shiny, bright, and has sharp little black toenails. I’m very happy that we’ve survived our first molt!

My first look in I saw her blue shell was empty, my last painted shell is gone! I saw she had a new tunnel down to where she was molting and I could see a piece of exoskeleton inside.
I had a cut in half coffee drink holder in this small tank for something she could hide in until she came up, I found her underneath it.
Pointy sharp little toenails, she’s just about the same size as Squirt now.
Back in with her friends.
I set her in water to rinse the molting smell, I think I read that somewhere, not sure if that’s true. Thank you to everyone who told me to leave her alone, I could have hurt her if I would have dug her up. I’m glad to have everyone in one tank.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

Amlesa

Re: Crabina is back!

Post by Amlesa » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 pm

So glad she came back up, my little one has been down for three weeks. Very stressful, this will be it’s first molt if it comes back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Yay! Way to go, Crabina!
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Amlesa wrote:So glad she came back up, my little one has been down for three weeks. Very stressful, this will be it’s first molt if it comes back up.

I have one down since the 2nd week of August....it’s stressing me out! Lol
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Crabina went down a couple days before October 12, that’s when I switched the others over to my 29gal. I started to go crazy about where she was and if she was ok, I would check every night, in the middle of the night, and every morning. They sure know how to make us go crazy! It’s very nice to have everyone in one tank now, it’ll be nice to maintain only one tank. I’m so glad I have everyone in this forum to help me, I don’t know what I would have done. Sending love and prayers to everyone with crabs down, it’s stressful for us too!

Amlesa

Post by Amlesa » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 pm

I’m getting ready to switch mine to my new 20 gallon tank. I’m really hoping the little guy comes up soon. He went down on October 16.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Yay! So cute!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Crabina is back!

Post by RiNiKy506 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:03 am

I catch my little Crabina at the food dish quite often. I wish the condensation wasn’t in the way, it would be such a cute picture of her eating.

Tonight:

Friday night:

It’s so good to have her back, I love her so much! I love all of them.

Topic author
RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:37 pm

This was all that was left of Crabin’s molt, when I looked in the hole where she was it looked like a whole leg, but this is all that was left. I finally got the guts up to dig and see what was left since there’s no one else in this tank.

One tiny toe tip, and another leg tip