Lebanon, PA: 2 PP, Local Pickup Only

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
Lephantome92

Lebanon, PA: 2 PP, Local Pickup Only

Post by Lephantome92 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 am

UPDATED ON 01/16/19: 2 PP STILL AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION - THE STRAW AND 1 PP HAVE BEEN ADOPTED :)

After a change in circumstances, I'm no longer able to keep a stable climate for my crabs, so I'm looking to donate the crabs and food to a good home, and will negotiate for the equipment.
Above ground right now I have a medium strawberry. It went through a bit of a bad molt and one leg sticks out at the slightest angle. Underground, unless they were cannibalized for some reason, I have two medium PPs and a small PP. They've been underground for quite a while, so there's no telling if they're just day shy.
Because it's winter, I'll only do local pickup. I can't drive, but I can most likely provide hot hand pads.
If you're interested in the list of equipment, including a vivarium inverted on a 20l aquarium and a humidifier, please let me know.

The best way to get in touch with me is either through PM or lephantome92 (at) yahoo (dot) com. While redundant, if you would rather talk through email, please PM me here that you would like that so I know to look for you if it goes to spam

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lebanon, PA: 3 PP, 1 Strawberry, Local Pickup Only

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:04 am

I'm going to tag @Motörcrab - he has straws and would be qualified to help you - hopefully he is close!
I pm'd Motörcrab too :)

Edit: I have read that straws can have difficulty molting - I've never had an issue with it - but from what I understand it's a common issue.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:57 am

Im close by ! But cant take all of them i do want one more ... i dont know if u wanna split them up ... i understand if u dont !! Thought i would write in see what u thought .. let me know

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:00 pm

I wouldnt need any equipment u could save that for the others if u would give me 1
Just saying ...
I have a 1 pp now ... i bought him missing 2 legs and he has grown them back and had 2 molts so far ...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:24 pm

I am located about an hour or so from Lebanon in Coal Township, PA 17866 We just adopted 11 crabs on the weekend so we are a bit tight on space for more.

We currently have 5 strawberries now. All have successfully molted at least once and some are currently in their second molt. We have more than enough supplies so I would be interested in just the crab/s. I will need to discuss more crabs with her

I will also follow up with an email or pm as well. We have a small tote we can use for pick up and I do have a bunch of hot hands on stand by for emergencies.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Help Improve Our Resources Section (weblinks)
http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 2&t=119315

Once we get more links the directors will update the resources in a few weeks. Thanks!

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Email and PM sent as well!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Once we get more links the directors will update the resources in a few weeks. Thanks!

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:37 pm

I adopted the strawberry and one of the PP's. The other two pp's are currently down molting.

I believe the crabitat could be a pretty nice start to a set up if the price is right. I would deffinately add more Ultratherms to the back and side. 11x23 across the back and an 11x17 on one side plus insulation would probably resolve the heating issue. It would have a ton of verticle space to do a lot of tree like structures and vines. He also has a decent amount of general supplies too, salt mix, prime, coconut fiber brick, shells and some foods.

Topic author
Lephantome92

Re: Lebanon, PA: 2 PP, Local Pickup Only

Post by Lephantome92 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 pm

The remaining 2 PPs are still underground. I'm keeping track of food to be sure they aren't just hiding. They went underground in the middle of December, and are a hair under medium sized. When should I check their status by digging?

amandapri82

Post by amandapri82 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 pm

I wouldn't dig them up.

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:48 pm

My straws and PP's are similar in size to the Straw I got from you. A few of mine went down early December. One of them resurfaced a week or so ago, and another on Friday. My 3 PP's are still down and one of them has been down well before that. Unfortunately there is no timeline to when they will resurface. You are still definitely still well within the normal molting time. I would think you would see some activity between now and mid February. Since there is no real set timeline only estimates there is no real answer. I have read that jumbo's can take up to 8 months to molt. Tiny guys can take a week or two.

Digging them up could potentially kill any crab that is down so unless you have an emergency with the tank I would let them be.

Topic author
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:05 pm

I just learned that at least one is up, just very shy and only coming up when I'm not there. The food I had out in a line was scattered when I came home. I put out 3 shrimp, so if in the next few days any vanish, there's definitely at least one up

amandapri82

Post by amandapri82 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:11 pm

Lephantome92 wrote:I just learned that at least one is up, just very shy and only coming up when I'm not there. The food I had out in a line was scattered when I came home. I put out 3 shrimp, so if in the next few days any vanish, there's definitely at least one up
PM me

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk