Am I doing everything right( not an emergency)

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Jamison

Am I doing everything right( not an emergency)

Post by Jamison » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 am

Since you've come to the emergency forum, we know you want a fast answer to your question. In order for us to figure out the problem as quickly as possible, we ask that you answer the following questions as best you can. Some of them may seem odd, but they're all designed to give us the information we need to give you a good solution for your problem. The things in the [ brackets ] are there to make this post easier to read once submitted. Thanks!

1. What kind of substrate is used in your tank and how deep is it?
Eco earth and playsand, 6 inches, which is 3 1/2 times deeper than my largest crab.

2. Do you have gauges in the tank to measure temperature and humidity? If so, where are they located and what temperature and humidity do they usually read?
I have a gauge( not the analog, I forgot what it's called) that is in the middle of the tank. Usually humidity is 75-85 and heat is 78-82

3. Is a heat source used in the tank? If so, what?
An ultratherm mat is used along half the back of the tank. I know it's supposed to go along the whole back, but I live in a hot environment.

4. What types of water are available (fresh or salt) and how is the water treated (what brands of dechlorinator or salt mix and what ratio is used to mix it)?
I make FW with prime, MSW with prime and instant ocean. I use the recommended ratios from the Crabtree journal.

5. What kinds of food do you feed and how often is it replaced?
I always have a protein, fruit, veggie, seed/nut, and 2 calcium sources in the tank. For proteins I feed bloodworms,shrimp,sardines,beef,chicken etc. Calcium I use sandollar, cuttlebone,calcium carbonate, eggshells etc. Food is changed every 2 days.

6. How long have you had the crab and what species is it, if known?

I have had Harry for nine months, he's a pp. I've had Norbert for maybe 4 months, he's a pp.
7. Has your crab molted, and how long ago did it happen?
they both molted about a month ago.

8. What type of housing are the crabs kept in, what size is it and what kind of lid is on the housing?
A forty gallon terrarium. I have a screen top. If it is dry(75 or be low) I cover it in Sarah wrap.

9. How many crabs are in the tank and about how large are they?
2 crabs, a small and a medium.

10. How many extra shells are usually kept in the tank, if any?

3 per crab, I would like to order more soon.
11. Have there been any fumes or chemicals near the crabitat recently?

Nope
12. How often do you clean the tank and how?
Just spot cleaning.

13. Are sponges used in the water dish? If so, how are they cleaned?
Nope.

14. Has anything new been added to your crabitat recently?
Nope.

15. Is there any other information you would like to share that might be helpful (anything that is regularly part of your crab care, playtime, bathing, etc.)?
Nope.

16. Please describe the emergency situation in detail.

No emergency. I didn't know how to use the template besides posting in the emergency section.
2 purple pinchers
1 old dog

I will miss you Lloyd! Good luck up In Hermie Heaven!
You to Hagrid!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Am I doing everything right( not an emergency)

Post by curlysister » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 am

Looks good to me!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 am

I also see nothing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Jamison

Post by Jamison » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks!
2 purple pinchers
1 old dog

I will miss you Lloyd! Good luck up In Hermie Heaven!
You to Hagrid!