Successful Molt, regrown limbs!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
danidarkheart

Successful Molt, regrown limbs!

Post by danidarkheart » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Hi everyone! So I've been lurking on the forums for a while but just wanted to make a post to celebrate my Booger's first successful molt. I took the plunge last year to get hermit crabs and without all the great information and passionate people here, I wouldn't be where I am. I currently have 2 PPs named Rocket and Booger. It wasn't until I brought them home that I realized how beat up Booger was: missing two leg tips and an eye. Despite his injuries, he's been a very active curious crab. He just came up after several weeks buried and oh my gosh he looks amazing! His limb tips are completely grown back, his color is so much more vibrant, and he even has a little black spot on his stalk where his eye is starting to grow back. I'm so excited to see him looking so healthy!

PinchersAndShells

Re: Successful Molt, regrown limbs!

Post by PinchersAndShells » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:13 am

Yay for Booger! :clap:
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Merle, Seasalt, & Elvis
2 Captive Bred PPs = Randy & Roxie
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:11 am

That's wonderful! You could give them bee pollen (healing food) and a little bit of honey (energy food).
6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:34 am

So good to read a happy story! Congratulations on successful molt with leg and eye regeneration.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Isn't it amazing how they can do that! I was talking with the doctor I work with, and told him about how my Cher had regrown a leg. The doc wondered why nobody was studying the genes needed, so that it could be replicated in humans! LOL!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:02 pm

curlysister wrote:Isn't it amazing how they can do that! I was talking with the doctor I work with, and told him about how my Cher had regrown a leg. The doc wondered why nobody was studying the genes needed, so that it could be replicated in humans! LOL!
Right! That is so crazy, Curly! Lol!