Jeff came up!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Zanthalia

Jeff came up!

Post by Zanthalia » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:43 am

Aaaaaaaah! I'm so excited I could cry! Hermit Jeff was a sad little fair crab with a missing leg. I didn't know what I was doing, but I tried really hard. We got a decent setup going, got him two friends, and had three crabs for about a week, then he disappeared. I may have cried a little bit, thinking I killed my daughter's pet somehow. Then Cute Face disappeared, too. Poor Tamatoa was the only one still out. Much research. New tank. Gonna do right by him, by golly!

Well, the night before last, Jeff's shell suddenly appeared! No Jeff, just his shell. Also, big gouges in the peanut butter I put out just in case someone came up and wanted to eat. OMG! JEFF DIDN'T DIE!! He molted, he changed shells because I assume he got bigger, and he looks great!

He was actually up and moving this morning, so we got him switched to the new tank with his buddy! He has really gotten a lot darker. He's got the absolute cutest hairy legs. And... He has all his legs!!

We got through our first molt!!ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Re: Jeff came up!

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Zanthalia wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:43 am
Aaaaaaaah! I'm so excited I could cry! Hermit Jeff was a sad little fair crab with a missing leg. I didn't know what I was doing, but I tried really hard. We got a decent setup going, got him two friends, and had three crabs for about a week, then he disappeared. I may have cried a little bit, thinking I killed my daughter's pet somehow. Then Cute Face disappeared, too. Poor Tamatoa was the only one still out. Much research. New tank. Gonna do right by him, by golly!

Well, the night before last, Jeff's shell suddenly appeared! No Jeff, just his shell. Also, big gouges in the peanut butter I put out just in case someone came up and wanted to eat. OMG! JEFF DIDN'T DIE!! He molted, he changed shells because I assume he got bigger, and he looks great!

He was actually up and moving this morning, so we got him switched to the new tank with his buddy! He has really gotten a lot darker. He's got the absolute cutest hairy legs. And... He has all his legs!!

We got through our first molt!!ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
:banana: :clap:
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

KristenL0522

Post by KristenL0522 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:30 pm

😍😍
Those first molts are tough!! Glad he made it through!! ❤️

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:07 pm

Yay, congrats!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav