Decor

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Sillymel

Decor

Post by Sillymel » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Is it ok to use fish tank decor in a crabitat or does everything have to be all natural? For example, I saw some things that would go in a fish tank that I would like to purchase for my new crabitat that I’m building. If it’s safe for a fish does that mean it’s safe for a hermit crab? Same question for the wood chews and stuff for bunnies or hamsters? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Re: Decor

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:58 pm

As long as it doesn't have paint that can be chipped off. I would say no to those wood chews. Unless you know what type of wood it is.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Fish decor is considered safe. I use some things in my water pools. As far as the wood chews, you wood need to look at the type of wood that is used (which would be listed on the ingredients list). Then, check to see if they are on the safe food list. If they have any coloring to them, they are not safe.

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Sillymel

Post by Sillymel » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:36 pm

Thank you both for your reply.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:49 pm

Yw!

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com