Tank Temperature

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
KrankyKrab

Re: Tank Temperature

Post by KrankyKrab » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:29 am

>>>>>awkward silence<<<<<

I must have read that sheet a dozen times

I did NOT see that, I swear!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moe2076

Post by Moe2076 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Oooo thanks for that wodesorel! I've seen that a time or 2 and never seem to be able to find it whenever I start freaking out about temperature I think it's in the basic care section if I remember right. (which hardly ever happens except for hot days, cool days, days that start cool get warm then get cool again, days when the AC is running, days when I block my vent cause I'm scared it's too cold, days when I run a humidifier cause I think it's too cool and then later it's too hot and super humid... days with y in them and so on)

I've been reading "too long" a lot... how much is too long?
I'm sure I am over anxious. My temps stay 75 to 85 most the time and times when I caught it high or low was only a couple hours before I did something to adjust it.
18 PP: 2 teenie 3 small Gumbo; 1 small/med shell diva; 6 med: Evil Kenival 6 med/large
3 dogs: Maltipoo Tosh Pomeranian/Spitz Kaylee: Rotwieler/hound Bear
4 cats: Dottie calico Luna: DSH grey and white Moxie:kitten with spunk Ellis:Big lovey orange tabby

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:26 pm

And that's the issue. I used to have my tanks at 95 during the day all summer long with a good cool off overnight. My Rug is usually around a steady 90 during summer, too. I've never had issues.

On the flip side, we've had many crabs here streak and bubble at 88 degrees before and once they cooled off they were back to being okay, so it was definitely the temp.

If your crabs are fine in the heat and aren't burying to escape it, you shouldn't have an issue with it staying there. If they seemed stressed or there is a change in behaviour then it may be too warm.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Moe2076

Post by Moe2076 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:14 pm

oh that's good to know... the only one freaking out is me, the crabs seem to hardly notice. The ones that like to dig and bury are still buried and the rest of them do the same things they have since I set up the tank.
18 PP: 2 teenie 3 small Gumbo; 1 small/med shell diva; 6 med: Evil Kenival 6 med/large
3 dogs: Maltipoo Tosh Pomeranian/Spitz Kaylee: Rotwieler/hound Bear
4 cats: Dottie calico Luna: DSH grey and white Moxie:kitten with spunk Ellis:Big lovey orange tabby