Cuddly crabs!!!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Overmountain1

Cuddly crabs!!!

Post by Overmountain1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 am

Who says crabs won’t cuddle? I know not everyone interacts with their crabs as I do, but Princess is truly friendly and sweet, and she is growing to trust me. She put herself here and stayed there for a few minutes. Maybe for warmth, but still, she could’ve chosen elsewhere....
Princess comes out for a visit once a month or so. I do not constantly harass her or expect her to be anything other than a crab, so please, nothing negative. I just wanted to share this with all you other crab lovers!!
ImageImage

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cuddly crabs!!!

Post by curlysister » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:30 am

She looks about the same size as my Sonny! Where'd you get her shell? I need a few more that size, and he really likes those polished ones. I just wish they weren't so darned expensive!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

DevilNDisguise

Post by DevilNDisguise » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:06 am

What a beauty! I also take mine out every so often. A lot of the time for health checks, but I just like to see my babies sometimes.

I won't typically bother the ones who are extremely skittish, but one of mine, Penny, is very friendly and not shy at all (and also my biggest one).

But anyway, Princess is very beautiful! I love her shell.
1 Bearded Dragon, 1 Guinea Pig, 1 Mouse, 1 Lovebird, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 2 Rabbits, 2 Frogs, 2 Cockatiels, 2 Budgies & Their 3 Babies, 3 Rats, 4 Hamsters, and Many Hermit Crabs!

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:21 am

So sweet!!! :cloud9:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

doth

Post by doth » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:18 pm

she is adorable!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:22 pm

My crabby-neice! I love this picture. I have never seen a true jumbo crab until I met Princess, she is so amazing! She truly is such a sweetheart.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Wow, Princess is HUGE! She doesn't need a tank to live in, she needs her own queen size bed to sleep next to you lol. I want to cuddle her too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

gunstreet.girl

Post by gunstreet.girl » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:17 pm

curlysister wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:30 am
She looks about the same size as my Sonny! Where'd you get her shell? I need a few more that size, and he really likes those polished ones. I just wish they weren't so darned expensive!
I have a bunch of shells that size (and larger) which I got from Naples, including a couple polished ones: http://naplesseashellcompany.com/pearl_ ... crabs.html. Not cheap but so pretty (now if only my big guy would change out of his comically undersized shell for one of these beauties..)

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:20 pm

I showed my Mom the picture of you and Princess cuddling. She said, "Isn't she worried about Princess pinching her jugular???". Omg, LOL!

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Topic author
Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:50 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:I showed my Mom the picture of you and Princess cuddling. She said, "Isn't she worried about Princess pinching her jugular???". Omg, LOL! Image

Omg that’s hilarious! Image Yes, she is a sweetheart.
Thank you everybody! We sure love her.
She came to me with the shell she is currently wearing, but I have a couple more of the same. I got the huge shells at a shop on the outer banks- no, not cheap, but definitely pretty! I think it was called OBX Shell Store- yep! Here’s a link, in case anybody wants to stop in there when down that way, I can’t find a site for them though!

https://duckncguide.com/obxshellstore

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!

Topic author
Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:59 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:Wow, Princess is HUGE! She doesn't need a tank to live in, she needs her own queen size bed to sleep next to you lol. Image I want to cuddle her too. Image

ImageImageImage
She truly is a big big girl. I hope I get to enjoy a lot of years with her. My sons and I have talked about ‘using her’ for some local Hermie awareness stuff, like setting up a table at local events, and when the weather/temp allow us, we want to have her there as a living testament to how large they grow and how long they can live etc with the proper conditions! Just the usual, but with a living example. I think it would be more effective. And if she can’t come then I’ll def have some pics out anyway. Idk. That’s just what we had in mind.

Thanks again everybody! It’s nice to be able to share my joy and little loves with people who feel the same.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Overmountain1 wrote: ImageImageImage
She truly is a big big girl. I hope I get to enjoy a lot of years with her. My sons and I have talked about ‘using her’ for some local Hermie awareness stuff, like setting up a table at local events, and when the weather/temp allow us, we want to have her there as a living testament to how large they grow and how long they can live etc with the proper conditions! Just the usual, but with a living example. I think it would be more effective. And if she can’t come then I’ll def have some pics out anyway. Idk. That’s just what we had in mind.

Thanks again everybody! It’s nice to be able to share my joy and little loves with people who feel the same.

Wouldn't that be great to use her as an ambassador animal! I sure wish I could meet her! Image

DinkDonk

Post by DinkDonk » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Oh wow, Princess is a big girl! She must be real fun to cuddle with!