Russian Tortoise Question

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Russian Tortoise Question

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope this is ok to post here. Image

I have a Russian tortoise named Athena. She is supposed to like eating weeds/flowers/greens/hay, but of course those are her least favorite things. However, she loves all of her different pellet foods. I hate giving her pellets all the time so I try to hide her good for you foods under/in/around her pellets. She'll pick around, grab the pellets and ignore the good stuff, or won't eat it at all. About a year ago, I found a powdered tortoise supplement that contains hay and other good fiber. I try to give that to her 3x a week, which seems to help keep her regular (in the potty department lol).

I guess my question is, are there any good online stores for reptile/tortoise foods like there is for hermit crabs? I love the food from The Hermit Crab Patch and so do the hermies. I was hoping I could find some good for you foods that Athena would actually like.

Any help is appreciated!!!Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

DinkDonk

Re: Russian Tortoise Question

Post by DinkDonk » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Sorry I'm a bit late to the question, but perhaps they might have links or recommendations on a tortoise forum like here! I don't have any reptile or tortoise forums that I know of, but They might have their own Esty shops or Redbubble or something that are aimed for tortoises like Athena!

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Re: Russian Tortoise Question

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:05 am

DinkDonk wrote:Sorry I'm a bit late to the question, but perhaps they might have links or recommendations on a tortoise forum like here! I don't have any reptile or tortoise forums that I know of, but They might have their own Esty shops or Redbubble or something that are aimed for tortoises like Athena!

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk
That's a good idea, thanks! I'll have to poke around the internet to see what forums I can find. ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav