Any good videos for a new crab owner

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
kmaurine

Any good videos for a new crab owner

Post by kmaurine » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:29 pm

My 8 year old daughter got 2 hermit crabs for her bday this weekend from a friend. I have been doing research, getting them set up with a good home, and asking questions here. I, of course, can share info with her. But, I think she would feel more ownership with it all if she got the info herself. She LOVES animals, in general, and is a little sponge and wealth of info. In her free time she often watches zillions of animal videos on youtube. She can read well, but I know that a video would be more appealing to her. So, any suggestions for some good care and info videos for her? Thank you all for your help and support.

amcniel94

Re: Any good videos for a new crab owner

Post by amcniel94 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:54 pm

Have you tried browsing youtube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proud Mama of Ganesh, Ivory, Bruiser and Smurf (dog).

Topic author
kmaurine

Post by kmaurine » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:05 pm

I haven't yet. But, will. I just was wondering/hoping there were a couple of good go-to videos people knew about so I wouldn't inadvertently direct her to bad advice.

amcniel94

Post by amcniel94 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Yeah. Um, I'm not sure but if you read the care info on here and looked through youtube videos to find the right ones before showing her, that could work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proud Mama of Ganesh, Ivory, Bruiser and Smurf (dog).

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:01 pm

As the mom of an 8 year old, may I offer some input? My son is an avid scientist and loves all creatures, but rarely has more interaction with the crabs than watching them every once in a while and assisting me once a month with tank duties (they are done more often but he has no interest). Since they require such specific care and aren't a pet you would handle or play with, younger children just get bored with them quickly.
I want to welcome you to HCA and link you to our care guides, I apologize for not writing more; just spent 13 hours in labor and delivery as a coach and am just about to fall asleep sitting up.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:01 pm

viewtopic.php?t=92457

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk