Mountain Rose Herbs

This is where links to crab-related websites are posted with the opportunity for members to recommend or critique each site. Please be polite, even if you have a complaint. No advertising or introductions by store owners, please. All threads in this forum must be pre-approved by Administrators before being posted.

Nicole

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by Nicole » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Mountain Rose Herbs. Great place to find organic crab-safe herbs in bulk.(Replacement thread for one that was accidentally deleted)
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
FlightResponse

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by FlightResponse » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:08 am

Holy Cow, I am impressed! this place is like BJ's for hermie owners!for anyone thinking about shopping here, this is what a 4 oz bag at MRH will get you: this is enough to last my hermies for at least a year if not more! I sprinkled some of their rooibos onto my crabs' dinner just now, and the hermies are tearing into it like 6 year olds into the innards of a broken pinata.I think that's the seal of approval

Topic author
Maker

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by Maker » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Yeah, someone posted about them a couple years ago, they're really great. We got several different kinds of dried seaweed that are actually intended for human consumption. It seems a little pricy when you first order from them, but like FR showed in that picture, what you get is a LOT more than you imagine, so it ends up being a really good deal.

suebee

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by suebee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:01 am

I like to get to get together with others and trade when i make a order. If anyone is looking to trade right now i have honey suckle flowers, calendula/ merigold, goji berries, bees wax, comfrey, passion flower plant, purple seaweed, dry shrimp, olive leaf, oat straw (this is high in calcium) and sea salt dried white fish. Im new here but ive had fun tradeing at the HCA.
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey

Topic author
ILoveHermitCrabs302

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by ILoveHermitCrabs302 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Is there some kind of list that tells what stuff is safe for crabs on this site? i don't really know what they can and cant eat......

Nicole

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by Nicole » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Mountain Rose Herbs is for people though we often recommend it for crabby herb shopping. You can check for safe and unsafe foods here though before you make a purchase.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
ILoveHermitCrabs302

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by ILoveHermitCrabs302 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:35 pm

ok thanks!

texasreb

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by texasreb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:14 am

I love this site and have used them for years to buy herbs, spices and teas for myself. My brother in law started working there about 2 years ago, but my love pre-dates his employment.The next time I place an order, I'll have to get a bit extra for my crabby!
Gentleness without strength is weakness. Strength without gentleness in meanness.

Frostfire

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by Frostfire » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:21 am

What products have you guys ordered in the past that your crabs have seemed to like?i was thinking spirulina, Irish moss,dandelion roots, and rasberry leaf, but what do yours like?

texasreb

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by texasreb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:47 pm

If I were making an order, I would get items that you can possibly use for yourself in the event that the crabbies don't like it. I buy their raspberry leaf as a supplement for my horse--so that one will be easy for me. Spirulina is another good one. Is there a list of crab-friendly herbs and spices? That way you could cross-reference the list with what Mountain Rose has on hand.
Gentleness without strength is weakness. Strength without gentleness in meanness.

Frostfire

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by Frostfire » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Perhaps. It's just that everything I listed the crabs have eaten before, so I know they like it. Those crabs will devour whatever I put in front of them. I place something in and they come running.

texasreb

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by texasreb » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:26 am

Okay...I just check a bunch of websites for ingredients in crab foods such as Hermit Crab Addiction, The Crab Patch and Epicurean Crab. Then I cross-referenced the list using the search feature at Mountain Rose Herbs. Here is a list of items that are edible to crabs and carried by Mountain Rose Herbs:A• Alfalfa• AcerolaB• Bladder wrack• Blackberry leafC• Chlorella• Calendula• Chamomile• CloverD• DandelionE• ElderberryF• Flax seedsG• Goji berriesH• Hibiscus• Honeysuckle• Hemp seedsI• Irish mossJ• Jasmine flowersK• KelpLM• Milk thistle• MushroomsN• NettlesOP• Psyllim husks and seedsPurslaneQR• Red Root• Rose petalsRose hipsS• Shepherds purse• Sage• Sorrel• Spirulina• Sprouting seeds• Strawberry leafTUVW• White oak bark• Wheat grassXYZHappy shopping!(too bad we can't get together and make an order and then divide it up)If anyone finds more items on maybe we can add them.

Topic author
gsgirl19(:

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by gsgirl19(: » Sat May 10, 2014 8:34 am

What kind of Calendula is safe for hermies? Is the strawberry blonde safe?

Tongue Flicker

Mountain Rose Herbs

Post by Tongue Flicker » Sat May 17, 2014 11:40 pm

quote:Originally posted by gsgirl19(::What kind of Calendula is safe for hermies? Is the strawberry blonde safe? All varieties of calendula are safe to crabbies as far as i know.
Neil
" With great power comes great electricity bill... "