No name gone

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Laurie LeAnn

No name gone

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:09 am

Crabby paddy and one that I didn't name because I just decided they were wild creatures and they didn't need names went down some time in Feb. Then I had a third that was digging around so I decided I better get her out and iso her. Well it's been about 3 months and I gets bad feeling..I go looking and sure enough I found my no name dead, white, falling in pieces and stinking! I I decided I just better go looking for crabby paddy. They sand had collapsed around the other I hope I will have better luck but the sand is pretty packed! I found him, I didn't think he was alive at first but then I saw a little move, but then doubt hit maybe the sand moved him? I picked him up cause he was facing away. He was all nice and dark brown, with his left over itty bitty left over parts that were almost gone he had left to eat. I went ahead and got him up put lots of food in there and his waters with plants to hide behind. No one or kids here to bother him. He is walking around hitting his food and waters. So it's a bitter sweet day