Might be getting a Mini Vacation at Tybee Island.

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:49 am

The same friend who took me camping is planning on taking me, my mom and my sister if she can get the time off from work to Tybee for a few days since we won't be getting to go to Daytona Beach this year.I'm so excited.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

jenok

Post by jenok » Thu May 14, 2015 8:06 am

Sounds like fun. I remember getting to go when I was in my early teens with the girl scouts. We drove all the way from Oklahoma making a few pit stops along the way. We visited Savannah Georgia, Tybee Island, and another spot on the beach as well. It was/still is funny I had never been to the beach before and I called to talk with my parents and told them " I got to see a real live dead jellyfish!" Of course they started to laugh hysterically cuz there is no such thing as a real live dead jellyfish. What I had meant to say in my excitement was that I saw a real but dead jellyfish. It was a long time before I could live that one down. I think I still have one of the shirts I bought from there too. It was black with dolphins on it. I where it every now and then except my belly is too big right now. Too bad they don't make clothes like they used to.

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Yeah Tybee is just four hours from my house and I've only been once since I was real young and we didn't even get out of the car because there were more people than beach.lolWe were on our way back from Savannah year before last and decided to stop off at Tybee just to see what was what and the area isn't what it used to ten, fifteen or twenty years ago, the tourist district is so over grown that that part of the island isn't worth going to anymore which is unfortunate really.I know the other barrier islands that have public zones on them have also changed over the last two decades most notably Jekyll Island the state is attempting to save the island from current induced erosion because of the northward flowing current all of the barrier islands are migrating north several inches per year and in twenty years some of them will be on the coast of South Carolina.Right now the south end of each island is actually eroding off and being deposited on the north end so the south beach on Jekyll is all rock now.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

jenok

Post by jenok » Fri May 15, 2015 5:35 am

Yeah I imagine a lot has changed. That was the only time I've ever been to the beach. Sometime in the next few years i'm hoping to take Haley cuz she's never been and she likes sharks. My husband grew up in Florida and Georgia though, so he has seen enough beach and isn't sure he wants to go back. I don't know if it will be in Texas which would be closer or east coast.