Livehermitcrabs.com

This is where links to crab-related websites are posted with the opportunity for members to recommend or critique each site. Please be polite, even if you have a complaint. No advertising or introductions by store owners, please. All threads in this forum must be pre-approved by Administrators before being posted.

Kryorke

Livehermitcrabs.com

Post by Kryorke » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:41 am

I found this sight, as I wanted a couple of little Eccies, and in my area there are only PP's. Emailed them asking questions, got an immediate, positive response, so I placed an order. The web site stated crabs would be shipped overnight in 2 weeks- it will be a month tomorrow, and nothing. I've emailed them several times with no response. Luckily I paid with Paypal and as tomorrow is the 29th day, I'll be able to lodge a complaint and get my $$$ back.

Geranium

Livehermitcrabs.com

Post by Geranium » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:03 am

I have heard both good and bad things. Last I heard through another group was that there was a death in the family which delayed her processing of orders but that she has started sending crabs for those who ordered in June last week, this week July...I could have confused the months. There have also been complaints of mites in the past. And recent complaints about a lack of response to emails. But those who received their orders last week were happy with the condition of the crabs just not the service. They were also quite worried for the safety given the weather conditions.

Kryorke

Livehermitcrabs.com

Post by Kryorke » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 am

I wonder if I should wait?

FlightResponse

Livehermitcrabs.com

Post by FlightResponse » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:44 pm

I have used them in the past, with mixed results. 9 times out of 10, the crabs arrived safe and healthy. But they would not honor their DOA refund policy for the ones that didn't.

Topic author
Theodora

Livehermitcrabs.com

Post by Theodora » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:04 am

I wanted to order but:1. Im in Canada, and they won't ship there2. I have heard of quite a few people who have gotten back really rude e-mails for asking about their few month late orders3. A few people who have ordered something and is given something else.I WOULD order because:1. They sometimes give yah an extra if you have to wait.2. They have exotics!3. Their crabs! LOLSo, you should just compare the pros and cons. I personaly would totally get them if I had the chance, but thats just me... And ive never had exotics before so of course I would be excited! I would research it a bit though, just so I don't rush into a bad desision just think about what you will be able to afford, interested in doing, and what your up for! we all vary in what we can, and are willing to do. Good luck with your choice

Kryorke

Livehermitcrabs.com

Post by Kryorke » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 am

As much as I love my PP's, they are totally nocturnal......and a little boring :/ I'm gonna iihold out for the more active E's!!!! I hope I dont lose out on my $$!! I'll post if I ever get them!!Well, to update the livehermitcrab.com saga, I received my order today. I wouldn't order from this company again. I had ordered two small Eccies- specifically emailing the company asking if they had tiny sizes. The person assured me that would not be a problem. I also specified "the smaller the better" in the order comments section. Today- 2 months later- I received 3 large Eccies. I guess I should just be glad I got anything at all. :/Oh yeah- they also arrived with mites, but to this date, are still alive.

Eric1970

Livehermitcrabs.com

Post by Eric1970 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:25 pm

I love this site. Sometimes they reply right away and sometimes its a few days later, but they always reply. They have been helpful and friendly. All the varieties they sell get along great. They were packaged with great care and the box was labeled so that the post office wouldn't leave the box out since it was starting to get cold when the delivery was made. they told me upfront that it would be delayed in shipping because they were waiting for their supplier. When ordering exotics you have to be willing to wait. They are definitely worth it!I understand the may be adding to the types they carry. Some they have had to drop. (Wish I could find a place to buy blueberrys!)