Stripe and Max you will both be missed

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author
Barbydoll

Stripe and Max you will both be missed

Post by Barbydoll » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:25 am

We got Stripe our first female, and Max our first male hermit crabs in Port Aransas TX, while down in Corpus Christie in 2009 on a Girl Scout and Mom trip. They were the size of a nickel, shell and all. They were just a bit larger than Golf ball size when we lost them. To make room in our living room at Christmas time a few months ago we made the mistake of moving the tank to my daughters room. It was more sunny and bright in there, and warmer in the winter. Problem was not as accessible to watch the kids when they changed out the waters every day and spills were made, and the sub got wetter and wetter. Heavier and Heavier. By the time I discovered it, it was too late. Max had been gone a while and Stripe had just passed. I think the rest of them are ok, but these two were our first, and was a real blow when we lost them. I felt I failed. I knew not to let this happen, to always keep a watchful eye, but sometimes we humans get tired after working all day, we let things go, and get so busy doing other things...and 2 beautiful hermit crabs paid the price. So very sad. Goodbye Stripe. Goodbye Max.
Barbydoll
HI My name is Barbie. We have only 5 of our PP's left of 13. We lost some of them. These were/are (boys) Max, Squirtle, Rocky, Mr Pinch, and Bandit. (girls) Stripe, Silver, Charger, Peekaboo and Tiny. We lost either Mr Pinch or Squirtle- not sure which, they were so much alike, and (for sure) Max, Stripe, Tiny, Peekaboo and Bandit. We have 2 Cats: Tassy and our Kittem Skittles. We have an old dog Molly who is going deaf and blind. RIP: cat Dusty who lived to be 18 yr old, and Cat Jazzy of 10 yrs who died August 2012.
http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/Barbydoll1961/