Going camping Thursday if the weather holds.

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:01 am

I've got a friend who has invited me to go camping with him and I said yes because I need a break away from the house and all the stress I've had going on lately, I'm going down to the camp grounds on Thursday and will be there until late Friday.I bought my own back pack tent its a two adult or four child size back in 2006 because it was on sale for twenty dollars but usually retails for fifty so I've had it in storage since then, this will be the first time I've been able to use it basically since I bought it.I'm actually kind of excited because I know the area where we are going but I haven't been to it in about fifteen years and I'm sure a lot has changed since then.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

jenok

Post by jenok » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:57 am

Yea for you. Have fun. I get stuck doing house work and trying to finish planting the garden this weekend. Its supposed to be sunny and 80 all weekend here. Hopefully everything will grow good I should've had it already planted though.

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 am

@jenok, I love gardening but this year we are not doing very much just some basic maintenance.Yeah the weather is actually going to be pretty chilly where I am the temps aren't supposed to get out of the sixties for the next couple of days and the overnight temps are going to be in the low fifties.lol
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Needs to be in the 80s before I go camping, even in huge trailer.

jenok

Post by jenok » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:10 pm

Its kinda odd for us we'll get a few days in the 80s then some in the 60s. Lows have been around 40. Yesterday I think we started at 41 and got up to 80. We've been getting quite a bit of rain the last month too.I like gardening most of the time especially if it weren't for the stupid weeds/grass. This year its going to be a challenge cuz its harder for me to bend down with the big belly in the way. I raked out about 5 rows, 2 walk ways, and helped my niece or rather she helped me plant carrot, lettuce, and okra seeds and then some tomato and pepper plants - my back was killing me. I still have corn, radish, squash, pumpkin, watermelon, and cantaloupe. Oh yeah cucumber and peas too. I hope I have enough room and energy to do it all.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat May 02, 2015 1:29 am

Just hard for me to bend down and get up. I do not like gardens. They invented can goods lol! If the father wants to share some tators and tomatoes w us I will not turn them down. I mean it's a I scratch your back if you scratch mine thing in this family..I clean his house once in awhile or he shows up to visit and we gladly feed him if we are cooking..I would hope he would think of us when he giving those yummies out to his daughter that claims she is broke but seem to have money for things when she wants something and never goes to see him..Oh got to share this..her and her boyfriend took fish to her dad's and had to call us and her sister to us that they were going to go fry fish for him.. o.k. well good for you!! We were not invited.. it was like gloating.. we were going to Burlington I told her well maybe on the way home we will stop by. We did..Not only did they fry fish she went and traded cars. This is the one who lost her husband to diabetes, had to lose her house, ****** her family off so many times cause off spending issues. Finally found a boyfriend but then moved in w him after a yr now going in debt again. I now joke w my father in law.. if I feed you I will call EVERYONE and announce it and I want a gold star. My sister in law next door is so angry I mean spitting mad!! She drives him to all Dr and surgeries appt goes to see him 2 xs a week does a lot of house work and does expect anything or announce it. I let her know if I do just so she doesn't have to do it if she goes over.. I'm rant over..

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:50 am

Well we wound up staying Sat as well, I'm stove up and barely able to walk after three nights of sleeping on the ground well an air mattress.lolThe weather turned out to be nice and we had a somewhat enjoyable time and it would have been better if we had not been next to a group of young people who were partying and very loud.I just got in and grabbed a quick shower and am about to take a short nap then I'm supposed to help clean the house and then eat dinner.
#Autism Speaks.

jenok

Post by jenok » Tue May 05, 2015 4:59 am

Your not old enough to use the term young people. However, I know the feeling.Glad you had some fun.

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:40 am

@jenok, lol
#Autism Speaks.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu May 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Let's talk weather.. it's the 7th we just had a storm roll through. 65 mph winds hails side way rain. Blew down tree limbs all over & knocked down power lines. My poor pop corn bush is about laying flat bent over and its pointing towards the garage. That Bush it's over 10 ft tall. Half the town has power the half is out and at 8 p.m. they were still out. There had to of Bern a mini tornado some where.didn't think about the news..

jenok

Post by jenok » Fri May 08, 2015 6:22 am

I've been lucky so far and the area I live has missed all the "severe" weather we've had. About an hour or so northeast and about 3 hours southwest have had major storms in the last month doing a lot of damage.So far just a few dead limbs fall if its windy and good steady rains is all we've had to deal with.

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sun May 10, 2015 7:09 am

Well we had nearly two weeks straight of rain then last Friday the weather turned nice and the its been sunny since then.The bad weather out in the mid west completely passed us by staying well north of us the whole time.
#Autism Speaks.