Wormman.com

This is where links to crab-related websites are posted with the opportunity for members to recommend or critique each site. Please be polite, even if you have a complaint. No advertising or introductions by store owners, please. All threads in this forum must be pre-approved by Administrators before being posted.

Topic author

Wormman.com

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:14 am

I needed some pillbugs and after searching for a store online, the only one I could find was Wormman.com. I went ahead and ordered, but never received any confirmation or follow up emails. After not receiving my order I tried to contact the website to check status, only to find that they don't have any valid way of contacting them - everything I used bounced back. I used the online form but they never replied. The only way I was able to reach them was to file a claim through Paypal that I never received my item. Fortunately when I did that they thought it best to get back to me right away. The unfortunate side is even though they said my order must have been lost in the mail, and they would reship, they apparently still did not use any tracking info, or bother to email me to let me know the order reshipped. After waiting additional time for the second order, yet not receiving any additional correspondence from the company, I realized that they had no intention of trying to provide my assistance to solve my problem and went through Paypal to obtain my refund. This time they took much longer to respond since I said the only way that this will be resolved is through a refund. After several additional days of waiting I did receive my refund.Buyer beware.

Crabber85

Wormman.com

Post by Crabber85 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up Randi.I never buy online for one reason inparticular I dont have a job but if I did there are only a few online stores I would use because they are trusted and well freaquented by alot of the other members here.I have had friends duped into giving money over the internet never to get the item they had purchased espescially on E-bay because the venders accounts can be hacked you dont really know if you are talking directly to the real vendor or someone fraudulently using the account...
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
KittyCaller

Wormman.com

Post by KittyCaller » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Well, now, this is disappointing. They used to have a really great reputation.

Topic author

Wormman.com

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 pm

I used to order from them. About two years ago I placed an order and never received it. When I went back to the web site, it was "down for maintenence". I called and only got voice mail. Left dozens of messages and never was contactd back.

Frostfire

Wormman.com

Post by Frostfire » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:58 am

My guess is that I shouldnt give them anything from my yard correct? Because we have a ton or pill bugs in the spring.

Crabber85

Wormman.com

Post by Crabber85 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 am

quote:Originally posted by Frostfire:My guess is that I shouldnt give them anything from my yard correct? Because we have a ton or pill bugs in the spring. No it's not recommended to take any insect from your yard as you/we don't know what the insect may have come into contact with that could possibly harm your/our crabs.If you want pill bugs to put in the tank as they are beneficial tank cleaners you can find them farm raised and for sell at some pet stores.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Frostfire

Wormman.com

Post by Frostfire » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 am

I thought so, thanks. I had no idea they cleaned the tank, interesting.

Crabber85

Wormman.com

Post by Crabber85 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:31 am

quote:Originally posted by Frostfire:I thought so, thanks. I had no idea they cleaned the tank, interesting. Well they help with cleaning the substrate of fecal matter and such.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
gsgirl19(:

Wormman.com

Post by gsgirl19(: » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:26 am

thanks for the heads up! my mom told me i should really consider ordering supplies oline...now i think i wont! thanks!

Crabby Abby

Wormman.com

Post by Crabby Abby » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:35 pm

There are many reputable businesses online GS, and as they have no overhead the prices are much cheaper, assuming of course that shipping costs don't eat up the savings. Just make sure to do your research. That's actually the purpose of this forum, to share our business dealings for others to benefit from. This one here is not typical of those we crabbers have experience with, the majority of them are excellent with great stock, service and prices.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author
gsgirl19(:

Wormman.com

Post by gsgirl19(: » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:33 am

oh ok...ill have to check those other sites out! thanks Crabby Abby!

Topic author
KittyCaller

Wormman.com

Post by KittyCaller » Mon May 02, 2011 4:46 pm

There are plenty of fantastic sites out there, as CA said. If you come across one and aren't sure of the site, try asking here first. A lot of us are very familiar with various petcare supply sites. LOL!

Topic author
gsgirl19(:

Wormman.com

Post by gsgirl19(: » Wed May 04, 2011 2:55 pm

thanks alot! i think Zoo med has a website...not really positive though...thats the majority brand of all the things i have...also i need more xlimbing things to complete my tank...anyone recommend any brands?

Topic author
ashdawn14

Wormman.com

Post by ashdawn14 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:38 am

I don't have any website recommendations for climbing toys, but I know you can usually find stuff like cholla branches and such and craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Just make sure they aren't treated with anything that can be harmful to the crabbies.We got some cholla branches at HL for a dollar a piece. We later found the EXACT same branches being sold 'for hermit crabs' at $7 a piece.