HELP

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Sam_have a hermit

HELP

Post by Sam_have a hermit » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 am

Hi I'm new to HCA but I need to know if paper towels are safe for hermit crabs. I put some down so clean up would be easy but he keep tearing it up...help I need to know is paper towels are safe for hermit crabs

The Crab Maid

Re: HELP

Post by The Crab Maid » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:18 am

Paper towels to line their cage is no good. You need sand and eco earth mixture. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=92542
_φ(°-°=) ...... _φ( °-°)/ ...... φ(..)...... φ(..;) ..... φ(´д`o)

Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:23 am

Take a look through the crab care documents. It will tell you everything yiu need for proper set-up.

You need to have a Substrate that the crabs can burrow into, so that means a mixture of playsand and coconut fiber, usually at 5:1 ratio. It needs to be at least 6" deep, or 3 times the size of your crabs, whichever is deeper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Definitely have a look through the care sheets section - pretty much all the information you need to have healthy crabs can be found there.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers