Who Has Experience With This Thermometer/Hydrometer?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
DevilNDisguise

Who Has Experience With This Thermometer/Hydrometer?

Post by DevilNDisguise » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 am

So, I've been looking into better thermometers/hydrometers to use on the 75g the crabs will be upgrading to. I've done a lot of research and have found that AcuRite seems to be a popular choice and preference for people's crabitats. I will say that I enjoy the highs and lows many of them offer, too.

There's one downfall that I've come across, though, and that's the fact that many people say that given the high humidity, it can mess with the screen within a few months. (True?)

So continuing my research, I've found the Vivarium Electronics TH-100 (https://www.reptilebasics.com/thermometers/TH-100/). I like that it has a probe so I can actually have the screen on the outside of the tank; this would be preferable for me.

But my question is, has anyone used these for their crabitats, and if so, what are your opinions on it?

Any thoughts, opinions, and other recommendations would be much appreciated. :) Thanks in advance!
1 Bearded Dragon, 1 Guinea Pig, 1 Mouse, 1 Lovebird, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 2 Rabbits, 2 Frogs, 2 Cockatiels, 2 Budgies & Their 3 Babies, 3 Rats, 4 Hamsters, and Many Hermit Crabs!

IcedPineapple

Re: Who Has Experience With This Thermometer/Hydrometer?

Post by IcedPineapple » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:13 pm

I have it and it seems to work pretty well

Topic author
DevilNDisguise

Post by DevilNDisguise » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:38 pm

IcedPineapple wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:13 pm
I have it and it seems to work pretty well
Thanks for the response!
1 Bearded Dragon, 1 Guinea Pig, 1 Mouse, 1 Lovebird, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 2 Rabbits, 2 Frogs, 2 Cockatiels, 2 Budgies & Their 3 Babies, 3 Rats, 4 Hamsters, and Many Hermit Crabs!

Hermiehomes4Gretchen

Post by Hermiehomes4Gretchen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:09 pm

DevilNDisguise wrote:So, I've been looking into better thermometers/hydrometers to use on the 75g the crabs will be upgrading to. I've done a lot of research and have found that AcuRite seems to be a popular choice and preference for people's crabitats. I will say that I enjoy the highs and lows many of them offer, too.

There's one downfall that I've come across, though, and that's the fact that many people say that given the high humidity, it can mess with the screen within a few months. (True?)

So continuing my research, I've found the Vivarium Electronics TH-100 (https://www.reptilebasics.com/thermometers/TH-100/). I like that it has a probe so I can actually have the screen on the outside of the tank; this would be preferable for me.

But my question is, has anyone used these for their crabitats, and if so, what are your opinions on it?

Any thoughts, opinions, and other recommendations would be much appreciated. :) Thanks in advance!
I use the same thing it’s a hygrometer/ thermometer that has a prob for temp and humidity. They suction cup to the glass. I really like mine because I can tell the stats on both sides of my crabitat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
DevilNDisguise

Post by DevilNDisguise » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Hermiehomes4Gretchen wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:09 pm
I use the same thing it’s a hygrometer/ thermometer that has a prob for temp and humidity. They suction cup to the glass. I really like mine because I can tell the stats on both sides of my crabitat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely like the sound of that.