Coconut Crab Anatomy

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Mokulele_Hawai'i

Coconut Crab Anatomy

Post by Mokulele_Hawai'i » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:43 am

Any additional informations are welcomed !

Thanks
Felix
Hermit crab lover since 1981
Founder of "Blueberry land hermit crab" - common name for Coenobita purpureus, and "Zebra Sunset land hermit crab" for a new subspecies of Coenobita violascens

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:52 am

AWESOME! :shock:

hermiegirl

Post by hermiegirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:27 am

Nice to hear from you again, Mokulele_Hawai'i. I haven't seen your pictures here in a while. I miss all the color you always capture. :)

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:21 pm

it's a shame these guys are so big and scary - they easily have the best coloring of all hermit crabs. black and blue, black with yellow and red, and several other variations. theyre just stunning

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:30 pm

Hhmmm..very interesting!! And what a mix of colors... Is this one a baby or young? If I remember correctly from some pics, they can get HUGE..or is that only some species? Are there different species of coconut crabbie? Are they taken in (or bought) for tank-habitating pets??

LOL Sorry for all the questions..if there is a site anyone can refer me to I'd love it, especially if Mokulele Hawai'i wants to keep the typing (ie-carpal tunnel ;) down to a minimum...

Topic author
Mokulele_Hawai'i

Post by Mokulele_Hawai'i » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:16 am

hermitaddictedmama wrote:Hhmmm..very interesting!! And what a mix of colors... Is this one a baby or young? ...
My pet coconut crab is not a big specimen - and I think she's still young; she could be around 7 y/o.
Hermit crab lover since 1981
Founder of "Blueberry land hermit crab" - common name for Coenobita purpureus, and "Zebra Sunset land hermit crab" for a new subspecies of Coenobita violascens

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:25 am

beautiful... but sCaRy~