LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

sugarselections

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by sugarselections » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:56 am

soilentgringa wrote:
AwesomeHermit wrote:And what was her username status here, in HermitCrabAssociation?
What do you mean? I don't remember if they ever were a member here, but I don't believe they were.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Yes, she was a member here. livehermitcrabs.com was her username.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 am

She was a member and I remember she had logged in when things started going bad before this thread was moved to DIY and when only members could view it, but I don't believe anything was posted from that account in years, not since the previous owner managed the company.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Riversong

Post by Riversong » Tue May 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Has anyone purchased from her this year? Just curious.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed May 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Hopefully everyone knows better by now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

piratetoothgir

Post by piratetoothgir » Thu May 31, 2018 3:19 pm

I wouldn't order hermit crabs online if that's my only way of getting them.
Shipping can be dangerous with a company, people aren't careful, accidents can happen without them knowing it.
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!

p2gg86

Post by p2gg86 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Upon an enthusiastic of hermit crabs and exotic hermit crabs, I can't help it but look up online and I did make an online order with livehermitcrabs.com for two Indos. After done so, I go on into research and stumble onto this topic. To be honest, livehermitcrabs do offer a good sight of exotic hermit crabs on their page which is hard to resist to get some.

Anyhow I will be waiting for a week or two to see if any progress. Hopefully this site is still alive. At least it takes PayPal as payment so I guess we kinda have a security on the money.

Also if anyone know a good place to get live exotic hermit crabs please let me know either by adoption or purchase please let me know.

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:18 pm

I wouldn't have personally.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 pm

p2gg86 wrote:Upon an enthusiastic of hermit crabs and exotic hermit crabs, I can't help it but look up online and I did make an online order with livehermitcrabs.com for two Indos. After done so, I go on into research and stumble onto this topic. To be honest, livehermitcrabs do offer a good sight of exotic hermit crabs on their page which is hard to resist to get some.

Anyhow I will be waiting for a week or two to see if any progress. Hopefully this site is still alive. At least it takes PayPal as payment so I guess we kinda have a security on the money.

Also if anyone know a good place to get live exotic hermit crabs please let me know either by adoption or purchase please let me know.
You will probably never get your crabs, and have to open a payment dispute with paypal.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:09 pm

This wasn't through LiveHermitCrabs.com but thought I would share. I made an online order for Strawberries about a month ago. Before placing my order I emailed them several times, if they are in stock, I didn't want them backordered, I wanted them ASAP, approximate size, if I can arrange and pick them up rather than have them shipped. After I was satisfied with their responses I purchased them and arranged a pick up near their facility. The night before I prepped a 10 gallon tank, mister, food, and waters so I could make them a comfortable as possible on the way home. It was an all day road trip, 250 mile drive one way, Central Pennsylvania to almost Richmond, VA. If I could not have picked them up I never would have purchased them online.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to do a day long crabbie run I just didn't want them to suffer any more grief than what they have already been through. I would say shipping would be the last possible option. Ask a lot of questions about how they are shipped, containers, packaging, heat, etc. ask what days they ship, are you getting next day shipping, that way you can be prepared for their arrival. To them the crabs are just dollar bills, to their new owners they are family.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

MajorMike

Post by MajorMike » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:43 am

Thank the good lord that livehermitcrabs.com has been taken offline so they can't scam anymore people. To bad it cost me $97.00 to find that out. Hopefully PayPal will return my money from those scammers.

Buggzter

Post by Buggzter » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:41 pm

MajorMike wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:43 am
Thank the good lord that livehermitcrabs.com has been taken offline so they can't scam anymore people. To bad it cost me $97.00 to find that out. Hopefully PayPal will return my money from those scammers.
This! I was just searching online to see some info on a few types and the company came up - out of curiosity I clicked, and it came up with the "warning" page on both IE and Chrome that the site wasn't safe! :banana: :banana: Although it would be awesome for a place like this to exist and really provide exotic crabs.... I'm glad such a scam is gone (currently at least).

That's all I wanted to say :D

Xenpurgisnachtt

Post by Xenpurgisnachtt » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:03 am

Is livehermitcrabs.com making a comeback? I checked out the site and it looks entirely redone recentelly, but looking around it still looks like some setting up is still need to be done, your guys' thoughts?

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 am

I don’t trust it. I don’t even think the picture for Coenobita rugosus is an actual ruggie.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Merle, Seasalt, & Elvis
2 Captive Bred PPs = Randy & Roxie
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:47 am

I wouldn't trust it. Anything to do with that company wouldn't be good!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:04 pm

The picture for the live strawberry hermit crabs is a plushie toy.....
I'm going to go with this is Scam 2.0. I'm betting someone bought the address when the time ran out on renewing the lease, and is just trying to scam as much money as possible before PayPal catches on.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram