Rehoming Crabs on Long Island, New York

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
layaraflaris

Rehoming Crabs on Long Island, New York

Post by layaraflaris » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:11 pm

Willing to Travel: 30-60 min away
Willing to Ship: No
Number of Crabs: 4; all PP/Caribbean; largest is currently in a shell with approx. 1.5 inch opening. Unsure of/unable to measure the rest as they are all currently buried, but they are a bit smaller than this.
Supplies: willing to give away almost the entire setup. This would include the 20 gallon tank, the hide, fake plants, 2 water dishes, food dish, and any extra shells. The substrate they have is a mix of coconut soil/eco-earth and fine aquarium gravel. It is approx. 4 inches deep, the depth varies a bit across the tank.
Fees: No fees, I only want to know that they're going to a good home. I'm very unfamiliar with this site but I was told that there's some sort of process/list of approved adopters, if someone could direct me to it I would greatly appreciate it.

for those interested: I got these hermit crabs from my high school oceanography teacher. One of his other students found them abandoned on a ferry in one of the round wired cages. There were originally 6, two unfortunately passed. I ended up taking them home at the end of the school year but I have been very busy with college and work and haven't been able to give them the proper diet or care that they deserve. The smallest one originally had some kind of mites, but after moving the crabs into their current home and after the crab's first molt with me they disappeared.

Glittercrab

Re: Rehoming Crabs on Long Island, New York

Post by Glittercrab » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:08 pm

I can take 3 of them if you can ship I dont need any supplies

Hermit2020

Re: Rehoming Crabs on Long Island, New York

Post by Hermit2020 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:58 am

I can take them I am currently looking for 3 PP