The ChelSEA Hotel: UNDER CONSTRUCTION

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Hermias_mom

Re: The ChelSEA Hotel: UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Post by Hermias_mom » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:37 pm

CrabMater wrote:
Hermias_mom wrote:That tank looks gorgeous!!! What a lot of room, with fun things to climb and do! If I were a crab, I'd love it!
:crabbigsmile:
Thanks! Looked nicer than my apt. So of course you know ive torn the whole thing down since those pics Image RH fluxing too much. Sterilized the beach sand in their 10g while they were exploring. I had set up an Iso ( im up to 3 tanks, so im an official Crabber now) sterilized sand now in 40b HOPEFULLY w help keep RH in mid 80s where i like it. Little more texture too. Ill upload some pics once my hands get some feeling in them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Hope your hands feel better soon!!! Looking forward to pictures!

I've had setups like that - I put it together, and two days later I"m just not happy, and changing it again...

I should think adding sand to the Eco-earth would help. Also, each time I changed out the substrate in my ten gallon (5:1 playsand/eco-earth), it took 3-5 days for the temperature of the substrate to level off and the humidity fluctuations to stop. Until the substrate and crabitat air was all at a level, stabilized temperature, there were humidity fluctuations. With a larger tank and more eco-earth, it might take longer to get everything up to temperature and stable. Just something to keep in mind I guess.

(3 tanks makes you an official crabber - hehehe! :lol: Goodness, maybe it does... My three crabs are in a ten gallon while the 29 gallon has been hogging the second bathroom shower for the past 2-3 weeks while waiting for my 3rd crab to complete her molt, and the 20 gallon long has been creating an eyesore of half-removed silicone in the garage. Do all of my three tanks actually need to be holding crabs? :lol: )

Best of luck! I'll be waiting to hear how it goes. :)
4PPs and tons of FUN in a 29 gallon!
Hermia(F), Helena(F), Branch(M), and Tiger (M)
RIP Athena