Can anyone recommend a digital thermometer/hydrometer?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
CrabbyChelle628

Can anyone recommend a digital thermometer/hydrometer?

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:57 pm

Ok so I need a new digital thermometer/hydrometer for my tank as mine fell in their water dish. Can anyone recommend one that is easy to use, works well, and less then $15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AwesomeHermit

Re: Can anyone recommend a digital thermometer/hydrometer?

Post by AwesomeHermit » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:37 am

I forget the price, but Acurite works well
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:54 am

This is what I use. You can buy an Acurite guage from Amazon, digital, runs on batteries, tells you temp and humidity currently as well as low and high for last 24 hours: https://smile.amazon.com/AcuRite-00325- ... 184&sr=8-2
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:19 am

Acurites seem to be most crabbers go to gauge. We can find the one GotButterflies posted at WalMart for about the same price as Amazon. Lowe's also sells a similar, but square shaped Acurite for a dollar or two more.

With any new gauge be sure to calibrate to be sure it is correct. There is a how to in our care guide area.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:48 pm

How long does it last, in high humidity?si I was wondering, how long do people’s digital thermometer/hydrometer last in the high humidity? Especially if it is a indoor ther meter?
I just got a new tank, and I am looking for a for a new thermometer for it, as all my other thermometers are being used in other tanks.
I would like one that works well, easy to use/, affordable, and accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:09 pm

It really depends on where you keep them. If you keep them down on the substrate where the crabs can climb all over them and get dirt in them then they will not last long. If you have to spray your tank to boost humidity, then they won't last long. I've had mine for several years. Just recently I had to replace one of mine because it started going wonky. Motörcrab and his wife Xenocrab have a store that sells holders for them that you can hang them in your crabitat.

https://smile.amazon.com/AcuRite-00325- ... 184&sr=8-2
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com