Basketball Net??

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
nutibus

Basketball Net??

Post by nutibus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:32 am

Hi! I’m officially ready (I think) to put together my new crabitat however I forgot to ask about something. I got a basketball goal net to put up in the back of the tat and I’ve got some plants I was gonna wind through it so they can climb. Is the basketball net a bad idea - in a serious way? Lol I ask it like that because I’ve already opened it and the package got thrown away so it can’t be returned so I just want to know if it will be a hazard for my crabbies? I’m sure there are other choices and I’ve looked that might be better but I just want to make sure it won’t be harmful. Thanks everyone! I’m finally finishing moving Apts today so I’m getting new crabitat put together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Basketball Net??

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:16 am

I'd be wary if it is dyed, but a synthetic polymer I don't see the harm. Of course, keep an eye on it as crabs have been known to be tangled in nets.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Crabs || Fish || Shrimp || Snails || Plants || Insects

25G Nano Freshwater || 64G Freshwater Community || 90G Fancy Goldie Pond || 64G Crabitat
I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'... They're just things I forgot I had planned to get || Self Designated 'HCA Pic Fan' 2012+

odelayheehoo

Re: Basketball Net??

Post by odelayheehoo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:12 am

You could cut the net to make it larger, and to avoid double layering it to prevent crabs from potentially getting stuck.
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP