Nano tank in crabitat?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Brian_T

Nano tank in crabitat?

Post by Brian_T » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:42 pm

I am just starting the planning stage of a 65 gallon and I was thinking about including a small gallon fish task into the build. Not actually a fish tank, one gallon is too small, but more of a planted tank with, maybe, a couple shrimp or snails.

I would include netting and/or some kimd of mesh do crabs can climb in and out and sponge type filter that works off a bubbler. This would also need regular water changes.

Do you think this would be enough of a fresh water source for the crabs?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HermitofHermitCrabs

Re: Nano tank in crabitat?

Post by HermitofHermitCrabs » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:17 pm

It's possible, but I would think it would be more maintenance.
9 PPs in a 125 G Terrarium since August 2020: Sebastian (F) - 2 Molts, Midnight (F) - 2 Molts, Red (M) - 2 Molts, Jello (F) - 3 Molts, Ninja (M) - 1 Molt, Shelly (M) - 1 Molt, Tiny (?) - 3 Molts, & Dot (?) - 1 Molt

Formerly had ~40 from 2004 to 2010.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:39 pm

I don't see a problem with it! There are some people that do this, but your tank would need to be cycled before adding anything live to it. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:51 pm

It could work, but keep in mind the crabs can tear up your aquatic plants and will likely drag all sorts of things into the tank, including rotting food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk