Styrofoam looking stuff

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Daisy

Styrofoam looking stuff

Post by Daisy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Overnight a fairly large amount of white, not fuzzy, chunks appeared? It looks remarkably like styrofoam and I have never seen it before.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Styrofoam looking stuff

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Hello! Are you able to upload a picture for us? You might need to use Tapatalk to do this.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Could be fungus? Fungal species likw moist and humid environments, and many do great in tropical conditions. Fungus itself isn't likely to be an issue with crabs, but more an issue to us breathing in spores.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:44 pm

hey all!! sorry for the delay i have been working a crazy amount! turns out my crab somehow ripped a sticky square that was holding up a climbing wall off and ripped it apart 🤦‍♀️

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:40 pm

At least you figured out what it was!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com