Warm up tank help

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
RitchieGillan

Warm up tank help

Post by RitchieGillan » Tue May 25, 2021 3:42 am

Things you should never vacuum unless you don't want it to be destroyed

1. Dirt and plant debris

A touch of mud or dirt on the floor is a frequent irritant in any home, whether produced by shoes on the carpet or feline mischief. Isn't it true that your vacuum cleaner can get rid of everything? Wrong. Even the top rated vacuum cleaners brands cannot produce that kind of machine. Your vacuum's weight and force will most likely drive dirt deeper into your carpet, possibly staining it. Plant waste from indoor plants can easily clog your machine, especially if it's moist. The leaves might also leave a mark on your carpet.

2. Sharp-edged objects

If you drop a glass, it's tempting to vacuum the area around the breaking to ensure you don't miss any little sharp bits that could hurt your hands, feet, or pets' paws. Vacuuming broken glass, on the other hand, will harm your vacuum. Tiny shards can become stuck in the hose and motor, and if you're using a bagged vacuum, they can rupture the bag, spilling everything within.

3. Ash and sawdust

It's a headache to clean up ash, especially if you spilled something when emptying the fire grate. It's the same with the specks of sawdust and grit that accumulate throughout a construction operation. However, you might want to reconsider vacuuming up all the ash and debris. Dust particles in ash and sawdust are so minute that even a small amount will completely clog your filters and cause suction to plummet.

4. Most liquid

You can buy vacuum cleaners from top 10 vacuum cleaners that are designed specifically for cleaning liquids and moist material like discarded coffee grounds, but this is not a job for your regular vacuum cleaner. Wet things clog the tube and block the filter, so vacuuming them up is a surefire method to clog your vacuum. Sucking up liquids will make everything inside wet, and whatever dust you suck up afterwards will accumulate and build up into a filthy, damp mass that can even turn moldy. Sucking liquids into an electric equipment like a vacuum cleaner is also dangerous, as it can create electrical failures in the machine, rendering it useless.

5. Small items

Just because your vacuum cleaner can pick stuff up doesn't mean it should. Most vacuums have little trouble sucking up small amounts of debris, but anything sharp and larger than dry cereal pieces or small bits of gravel should be avoided. Larger things can obstruct and harm the inside, particularly the brushroll. Small coins, paperclips, and pins are common culprits; not only may they become trapped in the brush, but their rough or pointed edges can also shatter or penetrate the internal tubing or the vacuum motor on their way in. It may be tempting to simply suck them up rather than picking them up, but these aren't the types of objects your vacuum is built to handle, even for the Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners on the market. It will appreciate the fact that you picked them up personally. When you don't have to spend hundreds of pounds on a new vacuum, you will, too.

Thank you for reading our little article. We will be much appreciated if you can share it with your friends or family if you think these tips are informative and useful! May you have a wonderful weekend!
Last edited by RitchieGillan on Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

Wlfwo

Re: Warm up tank help

Post by Wlfwo » Tue May 25, 2021 6:33 am

First, is the UTH of a type that can be insulated? Not all can be, I personally use the stuff that looks like silver bubble wrap. Comes in a roll. I've got that taped to 3 sides. I've also used cardboard wrapped in foil. I also have a UTH on the back and one side. Mine sits at 84° even with the A/C on, and due to Hubby being unable to sweat, my A/C is usually set at 70°.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

I can hear my 75g whispering from the barn.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Warm up tank help

Post by curlysister » Tue May 25, 2021 10:35 pm

If by 'late 70s' you mean the high 70s, that's fine for PP's. My tank is 78 right now.
As stated, some kinds of UTH can be insulated over top. Otherwise, you can insulate the sides/ back where there is no UTH. And dont' under estimate putting a folded up blanket on the top of the tank. I have a plexi glass lid, and a folded up wool blanket on the top gets me an extra 2 to 3 degrees!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers