I got a puppy!

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Overmountain1

Re: I got a puppy!

Post by Overmountain1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:33 am

Congrats! It sounds like he found his perfect forever home. Thanks for sharing!

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:05 pm

curlysister wrote:I made a little fleece jacket and booties for my Sailor too! Image

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Can u post a pic of the booties? I want to make Marcel some. And they'll match his coat!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:53 pm

curlysister wrote:I made a little fleece jacket and booties for my Sailor too! Image

Just too adorable!!!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:38 pm

The booties are rally not very fancy at all. After spending money on fancy booties that fall off and get lost in deep snow, I made a bunch of booties from some fleece that was in the clearance rack. I just cut a long strip (I made them tall, so that ther Velcro was above the crook of the leg on the back, so they stay up better), and folded it over, then sewed an extra circle of fleece onto where one paw would go, using zig zag stitch. I I added the elastic and Velcro at one end. Don't add the second side of the Velcro to the floppy end of the elastic until after you sew up the sides, tapering a bit toward the bottom. I hope this all makes sense!
Photos showing the little extra circle of fleece, ther inside seam, and two booties. ImageImageImage

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

RiNiKy506

I got a puppy!

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:10 pm

curlysister wrote:The booties are rally not very fancy at all. After spending money on fancy booties that fall off and get lost in deep snow, I made a bunch of booties from some fleece that was in the clearance rack. I just cut a long strip (I made them tall, so that ther Velcro was above the crook of the leg on the back, so they stay up better), and folded it over, then sewed an extra circle of fleece onto where one paw would go, using zig zag stitch. I I added the elastic and Velcro at one end. Don't add the second side of the Velcro to the floppy end of the elastic until after you sew up the sides, tapering a bit toward the bottom. I hope this all makes sense!
Photos showing the little extra circle of fleece, ther inside seam, and two booties. ImageImageImage

I really need to try this! Booties never stay on my dogs tiny, skinny paws! I’d way rather have some that actually do their job and really they look great to me.

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi all! Thought I'd post some new(ish) pics of the Fluff.ImageImage

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:00 pm

ROSIEonFIRE wrote:Hi all! Thought I'd post some new(ish) pics of the Fluff.ImageImage

Adorable pup!
And is that a purple couch? My Mom just bought a purple velvet night stand with drawers for her room. They would totally match lol! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:27 am

Such a cute dog :D
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:25 pm

So cute!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:55 pm

myllkti

Post by myllkti » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:43 am

Congrats!! Soooo CUTE!!!
Mere, Elie, and Syd!

Started selling hermit food 👀 - https://myheartmadestudio.etsy.com/

RiNiKy506