and the christmas shopping begins

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Deer season has begun and that means mini vacation for me, the guys all stay in a camper. I have the house to my self for 3 days and I go shopping Thursday, Fri, and sat! I start my Christmas shopping for my kids. I'm actually done! Even bought me a new pair of shoes! Now I have the hubby to get for it will be easy cause it's going to be a gift card somewhere. You buy him stuff and it just sits, better to have just get what he needs or wants anymore than waste your money. Then my co workers at the library Monica and brittni. I also took all the fall decorations down and dug out my snowmen. Tomorrow is Sunday and not doing anything but staying home. In two weeks going to corriville mall and red lobster and cocoa nut shrimp!!! So excited, hope the weather stays good!

jenok

Post by jenok » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:00 am

Ahhh... time to yourself. For me that means going out in the woods to deer hunt. But my hunt was unsuccessful so i'll have to try again later this week. I'm glad you got all your shopping done. I'm checking the Black Friday ads to see if its even worth it this year. Usually I have at least 1/2 the gifts but moneys tight and I won't be getting as much as normally would. Thank god for angel trees otherwise my daughter wouldn't be getting a gift from S. Claus.I have enough to get each of the kids 1 nice gift around $50 so the Angel tree is helping S. Claus.

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:45 am

@Laurie, I started my Christmas shopping months ago and now I'm down to the last few things that I plan to get and then I'm done.lol
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:20 pm

hubby didnt get a deer sort of glad I hate deer meat. I don't cook it. he just wants the head anyway. the meat he lets eric have it to make jerky and eric had his galfriend eating the burger.. poor girl is brain washed!next season is coming up.. more shopping! still have a few more non family members to get for.. no black friday or thursday for me..

jenok

Post by jenok » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:53 am

I don't like the taste of it unless I soak it in salt water or milk or mixed. This takes out more of the blood removing a lot of the wild taste. Works with other wild critters too. If I kill it someone is going to eat it. If I don't want it or like it then it goes to someone else who does, not to waste. Many hungry families can be fed that way. Glad your hubby at least gives it to someone who'll eat it.