Had a blast yesterday at Southern Belle Farm.

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:28 am

Southern Belle Farm is located in Mcdonough Ga, and has been an operable farm for the last 300+ years.It's twelve dollars to get in, they do hay rides, pig races, corn maze with three different difficulties, petting area with horses/cows and goats and tons of other activities.Parking is free.We did the shortest path and the medium length path to the maze the medium length path took nearly ten minutes to get out of.lolWe did the hay ride which takes you around all two hundred acres of the existing farm which was cool so all in all we had a good day/night as we didn't get home till nearly nine and we went around three in the afternoon.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:49 pm

we have a thing here called Spoon River Drive. several small towns on stretch have city wide sales full of crafts, yard sales & food vendors. you can easily travel over 50 miles to 100 miles!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:12 am

Yeah this is the first time I've to a farm for a festival type outing and like I said it was tons of fun.lolHaving a venue stretch from city to city would be interesting I bet you could cover some millage doing something like that.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:03 pm

we started at 8 am and ended at 5 pm. did a lot of eating! for me that was 2 greasey tacos that I belched all day, a pork sandwich, and a huge cinnamon roll! later on that night 2 slices of froze cheese pizza. { cooked of course } we went to 4 towns in between little garbage sales. yep it was a long day! it's addicting because you keep thinking maybe if I go to the next town maybe they will have the same crafts but cheaper.. but it's the same or more and most of the stuff is things is stuff you can go get at the craft stores or online but they jacked up the price

jenok

Post by jenok » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:23 am

@crabber85 did you get to do pumpkin carving or pick out a pumpkin. That would have made the trip for me.

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:23 am

@Jenok, no unfortunately the pumpkin carving was for the kiddies only and to pick out a pumpkin it was five dollars per so we decided not to do it this year.lol
#Autism Speaks.

jenok

Post by jenok » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:32 am

Ah to bad. Wait til last minute then get one from Wal-Mart for like $3 and carve it. One Halloween we was doing this and had just got a new puppy and it was funny cuz the pieces I dropped or removed from the pumpkin it ate (we were outside). I didn't realize a dog would eat pumpkin.