bubbler question.

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

Topic author
paperheartz

bubbler question.

Post by paperheartz » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:22 am

ok so i got a air pump, air stone and tubing. as seen herehttp://imgur.com/drkEzK7this is where my pool is set uphttp://imgur.com/5KbcVAithis is a veiw from the tophttp://imgur.com/yDo8hzxand this is a veiw from the outside in redgards to where the tank and pool are set up and the location of the plug and to give you an idea where the tubing will be positionedso here is my question:as you can see my pools are near the corner or the tank near the plug so there is not much of a distance to travel. also i have a light just stitting on top of the tank. so what i was planning on doing is snipping one wire on my mesh lid to slide the tubing from the corner behind the light. however, i am worried haveing the tubing drape across the climbing net or even behind, because they get behind it, there would be no way to conceal or avoid the tubing being pinched. from the set up i am planning is there any way i can conseal the tubbing? i had thought about wraping it with plastic climbing vines. but i wanted to come here for opinions first. please and thank you. its water changing day by the way so please disregard the dirty water.
Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to

Crabber85

bubbler question.

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Your setup looks good I see no problems with it and its not necessary to conceal the tubing, I have a long section of tubing going to both my fresh and salt water pools and my hermitcrabs love to climb up them and onto the bottom of the mesh lid so its not an issue though if you have no lid then the tubing is going to provide a very convenient escape route to any so inclined escape artists.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
paperheartz

bubbler question.

Post by paperheartz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi, really really sorry for responding so late. I appreciate the information and I have successfully installed the bubbler. I weaved it through my net and it's so perfect! http://imgur.com/ZWiPvanAnd I'm not worried about them escapeing because I made a small hole in the mesh wire and wiggled it inside. So theres no extra room for them to wiggle out.
Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to

Crabber85

bubbler question.

Post by Crabber85 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:46 pm

@paperheartz, the bubble pools look really good I like the design both functional and pretty natural looking at least as far as I'm concerned. I have done the tray style pools with great success in the past they were the cheap two dollar tan paint trays from Home-Depot they each held about half a gallon of water and blended in with the sand substrate so unless you were looking directly at them you wouldn't notice them which was the intent I didn't want them standing out too much as I was experiencing with using more natural colored decor to see if it had any kind of impact on my hermitcrabs activity level positive or negative and it actually seemed to encourage more usage of the pools from my E's who love to go all the way to the bottom and soak.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.