Tank Size

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

Aquos

Tank Size

Post by Aquos » Thu May 07, 2015 3:04 am

Recently I came in possession of two 20 gallon tanks (one tall and one long) and I can't seem to decide which one I should use to house my crablings. I heard Pps enjoy to climb, however my three usually stay underground and pop up in the night, but dont usually climb the plants and vines they have. So should I use the 20 tall and install more vines and platforms? Or go with the 20 long so they have more room to roam? Thank You!
Father of Dragons
PPs: Drogon, Rhaegal, Viserion

Topic author
Crabber85

Tank Size

Post by Crabber85 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:00 pm

@Aquos, I would definitely go with the twenty long as you really want a larger foot print to afford more molting space, the vertical space in a twenty gallon tall would be pretty wasted the extra climbing space isn't worth sacrificing the molting space in my mind.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Aquos

Tank Size

Post by Aquos » Thu May 07, 2015 12:58 pm

Totally makes sense. Thanks
Father of Dragons
PPs: Drogon, Rhaegal, Viserion

Laurie LeAnn

Tank Size

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu May 07, 2015 5:42 pm

If you have those wood things that are mounted on later,you buy at pet shops or any wood you buy t pet shops when given a crab will climb on them. My crabs wouldn't climb vines or fake plants they are big and must of not felt safe or supported?? They would climb would or rock piles.