reccomendations on how to transport 8hr home

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

jasonmom

Post by jasonmom » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:05 am

I'm planning to get some PPs on trip to Myrtle at end of month. Planning to get about 6-8 of smallest I can find. Last time it was an impulse buy / I knew nothing and we brought them home in my son's bucket. This time I want to be better prepared.How would you recommend I bring them home.

Topic author
Geranium

Post by Geranium » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:06 am

In a 5 or 10 gallon glass tank with a UTH on the side, lid with saran wrap, gauges inside, a tiny bit of sand and damp moss. Once inside the car, use an adapter to plug in the heater, put in water dishes and add water and food. I would use small water dishes. Also hides are nice but with enough moss not necessary.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:23 am

If your using air in your car and want to using those hand warmers deer hunters use they last a few hours. Just tape them on your tank you can use a critter carrier for a short trip with some sand or eco earth & wrapped in a towel, it's not over night they will be fine with out food and water for 8 hours just ad long as they have have humidity and its warm, if really worried about food just put some spring mix salad in rinsed really well in their water, dandelions, leaves& roots..they have moisture built in..but again rinse well.