Help with temperatures in my Hermit Crab tank

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

Topic author
Arelono

Post by Arelono » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi, I am new to this website and was hoping to find some answers here. There is a heat wave going on where I live, this causes my house and everyone else's house who I know, to rise to over 80 degrees at times. I need to keep the tank cooler then that, especially since the heat wave has just started. I have a 10 gallon tank with 3 crabs inside. I don't have a problem maintaining the humidity, but the tank is getting hotter and I don't want to harm my crabs. I had a light and heater on the tank but I've had them off for a while and the temperature doesn't go lower than 80. I'd like some suggestions as to what I could do about this, and how to cool off the tank. Thanks!

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:41 pm

@Arelono, Having the tank at 80 degrees is actually not a problem so I wouldn't try cooling the tank off until you start seeing constant temps above 85 at that point I would move tank to the coolest room in the house and if that doesn't help you might try fan though that will effect the humidity adversely.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
Arelono

Post by Arelono » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Okay, thank you for the reply, I appreciate your help.

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:26 am

Your welcome and if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.