Greetings from a 6-month crabbing newbie

Welcome to the Internet's oldest land hermit crab forum! This forum is for new member introductions and for introducing new additions to your crab colony ONLY.

ghostly

Post by ghostly » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:36 am

I got my first hermit crab at the end of February 2013. It was at the beach, and I didn't know much about them so I looked up how to care for them online. I was surprised at how much you need to put in for them money-wise, preparing the tank, but I made it. I now have four small PPs in a 10gallon tank, and I am trying to take care of them as best I can.I have only recently discovered hermit crab forums, and I'll probably have a lot of questions from you more experienced crabbers.I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

Topic author
jenok

Post by jenok » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:40 am

Welcome, we'll help the best we can. There are a lot of cheap ways of doing things too, read the top posts of each part of the forum and the archives give tons of info too..

Minerva037

Post by Minerva037 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Welcome! I'm new here too...got my start the same as you did...impulse purchase at a surf shop. These forums are great...I've learned so much already!

jasonmom

Post by jasonmom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Welcome from one newbie to another

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:13 am

Welcome! Glad to have another crabber with us!

jgfceit

Post by jgfceit » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Hello! This is the best hermit crab site out there. It has saved countless crab lives.
My Website (Check it out!):
My Point(s) Of View
Three PP's: Sporta and Curiosity

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Read the dark bold black top areas in each section of the forum. Those will help you the most. Not everything on here is clad iron law. You take what is on here and make it work for you. What I mean by clad iron law is some might say you NEED this and you don't. Ministers and bubbles are great examples. Not saying that anyone has ever said that on here, just an example. I never had the need to have one cause I got my temps and humidity figured out. Don't ever be afraid to ask a question. There is never a dumb question cause WE all learn from others questions and answers!if you feel uneasy about posting it for every to see you can always personal message people to. Happy crabbing