New owner

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Bbeers3781

New owner

Post by Bbeers3781 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:20 pm

I have 3 crabs my son brought home to me from vacation i bought all kinds of stuff for them but they hide and never come out its been over a week now one keeps tipping water bowl and getting under it..are they ok?

Hermiegirl68

Re: New owner

Post by Hermiegirl68 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:10 am

Sounds like they’re destressing or have gone down for a molt. Be careful of the water tipping over, it could cause a flood which could lead to a bacterial bloom and that’s awful! If you look around this site, there are files that will help you. I’m sorry I don’t have the links to post. Not too good at that,lol! Coming here is a great move though, you should find everything you need here and please don’t disturb the crabbies, they will come up when they’re ready. Be sure to have food out and fresh and salt water. They will come out at night and eat, especially if they’re de stressing.

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 am

Read the care sheets on here to find out everything you need to know!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:39 am

viewforum.php?f=120
Here’s all the care guides you’ll need.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Hello! Welcome to the HCA! :) It is normal for crabs to destress. It is even more normal for them to hide under the water bowl because it is nice and humid there. Make sure you keep their humidity at 80 or above. They have modified gills and need the humidity to breathe. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com