Worried

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
crabbycasey

Re: Worried

Post by crabbycasey » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:53 am

That’s adorable! So sweet to think that they can comfort and enjoy each other like that! I still can’t quite gauge what Miss Hermie and Flash’s relationship is like...to be determined, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 pm

Lol! How is Flash doing today/tonight? Hopefully he has improved!
Hi! Feel free to check out TheGourmetCrab here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheGourmetCra ... ugg_market
Owner of 4 purple pincher hermit crabs in a 55g tank.

Topic author
crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:38 am

Mornin! He’s been in his hut and hasn’t left in 2 days. He’s standing up though, like out of his shell in his hut. Not out out, but up and watching, haha. Hoping he ventures out again soon. I have fresh food for him and a bunch of shells right outside his hut! Poor little thing, wish he knew he was safe...well, as long as he’s not scared of Hermie. She doesn’t mess with him though, doesn’t even go to his side of the tank...

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:11 am

How is Flash? Also I heard you got new crabs! Tell me about what happened please it's so exciting! Also, what heat pad do you use?
Hi! Feel free to check out TheGourmetCrab here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheGourmetCra ... ugg_market

Topic author
crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:42 pm

Pumpkincrab wrote:How is Flash? Also I heard you got new crabs! Tell me about what happened please it's so exciting! Also, what heat pad do you use?
He is still in his hut and has not come out anymore during the night. A couple days ago he was at least standing up, but he’s been extremely still since...until earlier today when he dug down a little, just enough to bury the opening of his shell, but that’s it. Don’t know what’s up with him, but I’m still worried.

Yes, I am going to adopt 3 PP from a lady in Greensboro (I’m in Raleigh) and I’m SOOO excited!! She’s been kind enough to donate the whole tank set up with them and I’m hoping to be picking them up this Friday...Turbo (male), Mrs. Crabs (female) and then Hermie (male). We found out our Hermie is a girl so we’ve talked about changing her name to Hermione, so it should work out, lol. I figure having 5, they can feel like a little colony and really thrive. I’ve been wanting more and wanted to adopt, but all the posts were from somewhere far away...until now! Maybe having more crabs will bring Flash around, what do you think? They are all medium-sized and Flash is small. My Hermie is also medium. Think Flash will feel threatened?

I have 3 ZooMed UTH, 1 stuck to the side and the other 2 along the back wall, above the substrate. Having 3 allows me to adjust temp, but usually all 3 are on and temp stays 80-82 on my 20 gallon. It works well for me!

How are things on your end, besides messin with the heater you just got (saw your post), haha. It can’t ever just be easy, can it?! Lol

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:49 pm

I'm so happy you can finally adopt! No, I don't think Flash will feel threatened. I hope all goes well with Flash. Pine's been having a bit of issues as well, here is the post:viewtopic.php?f=126&t=123935&p=1106353#p1106353

Topic author
crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:05 pm

I saw, hope she either molts again or comes around soon. We’re kinda in the same boat there! I just hope adding 3 more mediums doesn’t stress him out more. My gut tells me it will intrigue him to come out...hopefully! I will most certainly post to introduce everyone when I get them.

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:10 pm

Sounds great! Hope all goes well. I have 4 crabs and they never ever fight, they like to eat and hang out with each other.!

Topic author
crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:03 pm

Oh, I can’t wait!!

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:19 pm

do be warned that they seem to get into more trouble together.. Knocking over decor, food bowls, climbing things THEY SHOULDN'T CLIMB(looking at you,pumpkin!) It's still fun though!

Topic author
crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Lol...silly Pumpkin! I’ve read that on other posts too and am fully prepared!

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:01 pm

Yep! It's pretty normal for them to go all weird with each other. Pumpkin climbed on Pine's shell last night. Pine just sat there. I think Pumpkin was using her as a bridge! Pumpkin stepped off and kept going, and Pine sat there looking all confused like, "????"
Funny stuff xD

Topic author
crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 am

Maybe Pine is going to molt again and that’s why she’s so sluggish. Is she eating?

Good news, Flash was halfway out of his hut this morning, eating! First time I’ve seen him eat or come close to entrance of hut in days, was so relieved...but I’d still really like to see him moving around more. Now he’s digging. Maybe he’ll molt soon too and ditch the painted shell once and for all!

See him in the back corner? Image

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:49 am

Yes she has been eating. Maybe she is moving at night and I don't see?
YAY FLASH! I'm so glad he is okay!

Topic author
crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:56 am

Pumpkincrab wrote:Yes she has been eating. Maybe she is moving at night and I don't see?
YAY FLASH! I'm so glad he is okay!
Don’t think he’s out of the woods yet, but it’s progress! Good that she’s eating. Maybe you could use some of your shell money and get a Wyze Cam to watch them at night and see what she’s doing! The one I have was $25 Image.