Beware: Naples Sea Shell Company

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
jonathon1989

Beware: Naples Sea Shell Company

Post by jonathon1989 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:03 am

On Monday, June 22, I ordered three large shells with priority mail, and now four days later, I still haven't gotten them. Also, I've called the company and emailed them and no one has gotten back to me. I think their company was recommended on here once but I'm beginning to suspect a scam.

I just wanted to let everyone know before ordering from Naples Sea Shells. It's never a good thing when a company won't get back to you.

Jonathon

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Beware: Naples Sea Shell Company

Post by JoeHermits » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 am

I just ordered from them last month without issues.

Normally they’re pretty good, but it sounds like they’re understaffed with the pandemic, not to mention all the summer backlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am

There could be a number of reasons why you haven't received them yet, and personally I don't think you've waited long enough to be absolutely sure.

I ordered from them before and didn't get my order for nearly a week, so four days isn't quite worrisome IMO.
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:09 am

I have ordered from them a number of times and have never had a problem.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:46 am

I ordered from then before, and the shells I got were great. Did they provide you with a tracking number? Sometimes it's the shipping carrier that causes delays, not the seller.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
jonathon1989

Post by jonathon1989 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Update:

I did get the shells today. My complaint though however is the lack of response to my phone calls and emails. That usually is a sign of a scam, even though in this case it isn't. I spent fifty dollars which included priority mail so I should get what I pay for including quality customer service.

Topic author
jonathon1989

Post by jonathon1989 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:29 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:46 am
I ordered from then before, and the shells I got were great. Did they provide you with a tracking number? Sometimes it's the shipping carrier that causes delays, not the seller.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
They never sent me a email saying it shipped or a tracking number.

Topic author
jonathon1989

Post by jonathon1989 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:31 pm

odelayheehoo wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am
There could be a number of reasons why you haven't received them yet, and personally I don't think you've waited long enough to be absolutely sure.

I ordered from them before and didn't get my order for nearly a week, so four days isn't quite worrisome IMO.
The principal for me is getting what I paid for which was priority shipping. But I am happy with the shells I got.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm

That's odd, and I do hope they let you know why they didn't reply. I have emailed a number of times about shipping etc (because I have had them ship to Canada a couple of times and to the US a few times) and they have always been very quick to reply and very helpful. I'm sorry you didn't have the level of customer service that I did. Hopefully there is an explanation, and that they advise you of it soon.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

DasTier

Post by DasTier » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:16 pm

I have never had a problem with them, always have to pay extra for shipping because of shipping to Canada but they always get here in a couple of weeks (just got my shipment this past monday which took a week and a bit to get here so)! I get it's priority but sometimes you gotta understand some smaller companies are just not able to keep up especially when their staff is off, shipping especially is not their fault as sometimes things can get held up at the border (if you're in Canada), or the shipping company is just bad. Who knows, glad you got them though!
67 Gallon tank 1 Large PP, 7 Med/Large PP and 3 Small PP.
11 Cats
3 Dogs

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:57 pm

Priority is just the shipping method through USPS, which is also often delayed these days sadly. Nearly all businesses still take just as much time to fill all orders no matter which shipping method is chosen for it.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram