Want to buy food organic foods

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
kieagcarm

Want to buy food organic foods

Post by kieagcarm » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Anyone know good stores to buy organic meat and veggies/fruits from? I see so many pics of yummy looking food and I want to go out and actually buy fresh foods to feed them but have no idea where to go. Giant eagle is our main grocery here and they have very limited options and they really aren't good ones

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Want to buy food organic foods

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:40 pm

If you live in/near a large city, there may be organic food stores in your area where you could buy food? Just buy what you need, freeze the rest? :)

Once again, a firm believer of google. Try googling organic food stores and see what pops up in your general location?
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Starview66

Post by Starview66 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:38 pm

See if you have a whole foods market or trader joes by you. Also stop and shop has a decent organic section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:08 am

I feel like I say this all the time, probably because I live in the middle of nowhere so it's one of my only semi-close option...but you'd be surprised at some of the stuff Walmart has... lol

mool

Post by mool » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:24 am

I only buy organic for myself, my dog, and my crabs--unless what I'm buying has no organic alternative. Just start buying organic for you and your children and ALL of you, humans and crabs, will be healthier for it.

Organic is a "must have" and not a "want" for crabs, in my opinion. Do some research in your area to find a store close to you.

Here are some national and regional chains with above average organic food sections:
Trader Joe's
Whole Foods
Costco
Safeway
Hannaford
Albertson's
Food Lion
Publix
Super Targets
Aldi
Walmart

Unless you live in a really remote area away from a city you surely must have one or more of these places within driving distance. If not, Google is your friend.

amwilliams

Post by amwilliams » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 am

I would also try the local farmers market. Not everyone in ours is organic, but many are! I like knowing who is growing/raising my food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:56 am

Some of the places that have organic foods may surprise you! If you look hard enough at Walmart or Meijers you'll find stuff, and I've also found things at places like Aldis (I'm not sure what all they have yet, but I found organic quinoa so I plan on going back soon) and Big Lots.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:01 am

Have you thought about talking to your store manager? Our store manager is able to get products to the store when I request them. I'll give you an example. When my son was a toddler, he loved a certain yo baby product. Our store didn't carry it. I asked the manager to order it for me. He asked me how much, when I wanted it, got it. It's always worth trying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com