2 new PP's!

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
AutumnHermie

2 new PP's!

Post by AutumnHermie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Found 2 PP's on Craigslist a few weeks ago.... Welcome home hermie and via! ImageImageImage
Owner of 12 PP's , 4 Blue's, and 2 straw's.

Crabinski

Re: 2 new PP's!

Post by Crabinski » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Don't you feel great finding hermit crabs on craigslist? Adopting these guys is usually giving them a huge boost in living conditions and a second chance at a long life. I must say, though, the two you found look quite healthy -- no painted shells or missing limbs.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
AutumnHermie

Post by AutumnHermie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Almost forgot via ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
AutumnHermie

Post by AutumnHermie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Crabinski wrote:Don't you feel great finding hermit crabs on craigslist? Adopting these guys is usually giving them a huge boost in living conditions and a second chance at a long life. I must say, though, the two you found look quite healthy -- no painted shells or missing limbs.

The previous owners who I got these guys from had actually just setup there tank... And you can probably imagine it was quite bad. (Calcium sand, commercial food, etc.) The lady said that they had gotten the hermit crabs from a friend of theirs.Who knows how many homes they've been to.

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Yay! Congrats for giving these 2 another lease on life!

Crabbing for 4 years-still obsessed! 5 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

Topic author
AutumnHermie

Post by AutumnHermie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:08 am

Little Hermie in the turbo dug down today... Fingers crossed that hes molting..... he was missing one of the legs in his shell :shock:

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Congrats on the adoptions! Love the reddish coloring on the second fella, but they are both just darling!
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa