From fair crab to hermit habitat

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Sarah128

From fair crab to hermit habitat

Post by Sarah128 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:18 pm

We finially got out crab out of the critter keeper! Our humidity is staying between 90° and 95°. But we are running cool.. and it got cold over night. We can't order an UTH for a few days then it takes a week to ship.. so not sure what do do in the mean time

But my question is about pools/food. Our crabs have been in the tank almost a full day.. they haven't even been on the side of the tank with the pools.. how long can they go without water? What should I do? They also hanger explored the food.. is that a concern?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: From fair crab to hermit habitat

Post by JoeHermits » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:39 am

They’ll get their food and water when they need it. Are you sure they aren’t just eating or drinking when you’re not watching, such as late at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Sarah128

Re: From fair crab to hermit habitat

Post by Sarah128 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:16 pm

JoeHermits wrote:They’ll get their food and water when they need it. Are you sure they aren’t just eating or drinking when you’re not watching, such as late at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I am sure.. I am up most of the night always and there are no markings in the substrate.. we are going on 48 hours now with no water dips and no food..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk